Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

air hogs helix x4, whats inside? !!

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

air hogs helix x4, whats inside? !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air hogs helix x4, whats inside? !!

ok so i got the air hogs helix x4 quadcopter. now i looked online for awhile and didnt see any pics of anyone who had taken it apart, so i thought, what the hell, lets do it. inside is your typical multirotor, a board, lipo, led. the led it uses is RGB which i thought was interesting. the lipo it uses is a 20c 450mah 3.7v lipo. the board is pushing 4 mqx sized motors, which explains its short 8 minute flight times. i was also surprised to find that the board is NOT mounted or attached to the motor pods or the carbon fiber arms that connect the motor pods together. it attached to the foam itself. i would think that while this might reduce vibrations on it, the flex that the foam has in it might cause some issues. im currently working on shortening the carbon fiber arms to make the pods sit closer together, then attaching the board to the carbon fiber arms for a mini kind of version of it (minus the body). here are some pics to show you curious few what it looks like with its "clothes" off
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131031_025532_403.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1935381