Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help with batteries and naza m v2 gps

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Help with batteries and naza m v2 gps

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 07:22 PM
coxco
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with batteries and naza m v2 gps

I fly a DJI Flame Wheel with the Naza M V2 GPS. I have been using 3s 30c 2200mah batteries and getting about 5 minutes of fly time. I figured if I used a bigger mah battery, I would get more flight time. I purchased 2 ZIPPY 3s 30c 8000mah batteries. This should give me 12 to 15 min of flight time RIGHT.

I still only get the 5 min I got with the 2200mah batteries. When I charge the batteries after flying, it only takes 2100mah to fill the battery.

Why can I not get the full mah out of the battery?

Shouldn't I be getting about 7000mah out of these batteries?

Am I not setting something right in the assist software or did I waste money on the 8000mah?

HELP I'M GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT
Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets start from the top. If you were extracting 2100mah from your 2200mah batteries, you are killing your batteries. You should be targeting about 80% capacity of your batteries for longer battery life. On your 2200mah batteries your target is 1760mah. On your 8000mah batteries your target is 6400mah.

having said that, I have zero experience with a naza, so help me out. What is making you land? I'll make some assumptions just for the sake of continued conversation and to try to spark some ideas. If there is some kind of voltage counter, or amperage counter on the naza controller, have you tried resetting it? It sounds to me like the controller continues to use the 2200mah battery settings with your 8000mah battery packs.

Rafael
Old 06-04-2014, 05:48 PM
freechip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ Coxco - On my complete stock DJI F450 with NazaM Lite & GPS use the stock 8x4.5 slow flyer props and a 3S5000mah 35C-50C lipo I get OVER 15 minutes of agressive flying around 20+ just hovering and slow flying.

Did you calibration the NazaM Voltage sensor and also did you set up the First and Second Level Low Voltage Warnings properly??? Did you also set the right Line Loss Value for your batts you are using?