Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

I lost my 350QX yesterday

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

I lost my 350QX yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Tractors4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I lost my 350QX yesterday

I was trying out my Mobius camera that had just arrived. I flew maybe 3 circles around my neighborhood and when I went to give it left rudder to bring it back it seemed to keep going straight. I thought maybe I had gotten disoriented so I just let go of the sticks to stop and I hit the return home switch. I looked for it to raise up and start returning but it kept heading the same direction and began to descend. The batteries in the transmitter only had about 40 minutes of use on them and the battery in the quad had been fully charged the day before. I looked around the area that it went down and couldn't find it. I'm leaving work at lunch to do a more thorough search and put fliers in mail boxes. I'm at a loss as to what could have happened.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:57 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

The Mobius has a history of interfering with gps. The Mobius is a "noisy" camera meaning it puts out a lot of RF which can confuse gps systems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajlx7JIMpB8
Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Tractors4u

Originally Posted by randall1959
The Mobius has a history of interfering with gps. The Mobius is a "noisy" camera meaning it puts out a lot of RF which can confuse gps systems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajlx7JIMpB8
Very interesting. I hadn't seen anything about GPS interference from them until now. I'll be using my phone or handheld GPS from now on to test for problems.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Tractors4u

Someone on another forum recommended that I call Horizon Hobby's. They claim that HH sent them a replacement 350QX after they had a fly away. I doubted it and they explained that when they were on the phone with HH they were at the hobby shop they purchased it from, spoke with the owner and he vouched for what happened. I hadn't planned on calling but figured what the heck, it's worth a try. [TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #FAFAFB"]I talked with a guy from tech support. He seemed pretty knowledgeable. It's just my opinion but I think they know about the fly away issue and will somewhat acknowledge it, but won't admit that there is a for sure problem. When I told him I had a fly away he asked about the conditions, mode, battery, distance, time, etc. I told him that I had read some stories of fly aways and he said that there were a lot of stories and to take them with a grain of salt. That is the down side. The up side is they will be sending me a new 350QX bind and fly, 2.0 firmware for $209. It should be here Friday or Saturday!
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 07-17-2014, 12:42 AM
turok007

i don't know how old your blade is but the newer ones should say about camera shielding.

(It's just my opinion but I think they know about the fly away issue)
yes they know about it. and they should of done something a lot sooner.

Last edited by turok007; 07-17-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Tractors4u

My 350QX is the Firmware 2.0 version. I got it about a month ago. It came with some copper shielding and at first I had no clue what it was for. Then I read that the GoPro Hero 3's with WiFi could affect it and the copper was to wrap the GoPro with. Never thought the Mobius would give me problems.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:56 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

To be honest, the Mobius isn't the only one. There are others. It's always best to google a camera before you go fly it.