Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

First Quadcoter Build

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

First Quadcoter Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:38 AM
CommanderBlaine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Quadcoter Build

Hi all i'm new to the forum, and to RC i've made several posts all in the wrong place for quadcopters and now i'm finally in the right place.

i've never build an RC device before of any kind, i've always had a go on my friends stuff, i'm now looking to build a quadcopter for a first project, i know it will be a challange, but, i do like a challange, i was wondering if someone could give me some advise on how to proceed with the project.

i'm hoping some people will step forward first before i get into it, i litrally have the frame which i have assembled and nothing else with no idea what to do next, i understand there are different componants such as LED's, Motors etc but the different types of motors or propeller types etc is new terrirtory for me and selecting the right type is naturally and important part of building these things, i understand it all has to be in proportion to the frame, you don't want something to small or too big for the job.

if anyone would be kind enough to help me out i would be very greatful.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:40 AM
zeroback

Hi I'm on my first build as well. What size frame do you have? that will determine what can go on it. So far I found all my info on the interment. YouTube is a great source to see what others have done. I'm building a Q450 from HK with a Multiwii Pro 2.3 board and GPS module. There is a very good video about how to get the software, firmware and how to use the Arduino to make it work. I went from complete ignorance to a working a (although uninstalled) board that is picking up the GPS and displaying it on the GUI software on my PC in about 6 hours. Considering I'm no computer wiz and the overwhelming amount of information and hardware I think I did pretty good.

http://youtu.be/9TIUif3PE9U
Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
cooke86

Hi,

I have just finished a Project that you might be interested in, it has a detailed build guide with videos. I have also put together a parts list, There is also a page for people who are looking to build it as cheaply as possible.

Check out my website for more info and contact details: http://explorer4-quadcopter.com/

There is alot of information out there And trust me I know it's hard finding the right stuff, Like zeroback said we really need to know what size frame you have to help you out.

All the best
Luke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8648.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	2036939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7910.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	2036940   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8633.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	2036941  
Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 AM
zeroback

Nice machine and tutorial Luke. I picked up some good tips about assembly in general. My first build is using the HK MW 2.3 FC. Is HK pilot similar to the MW FC in how it is set up with the Arduino? I have already ordered a HK KK2.1 board for a second quad. Reading the add https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=39791 I'm hoping it is as easy to get a machine flying as they say. I'm happy with the MW FC but I have a feeling it is going to take a lot of time to get it dialed in, considering the hours I've already spent getting the uninstalled board GPS and GUI working on the bench. I don't want to get frustrated with the subject so I figure if I get one going with a simpler FC it will provide some more experience and encouragement needed to learn the ins and outs of the more complex FC. I enjoy building almost more than flying so the RTF micro machines are great reduced learning costs, but w/o the building I wouldn't stick with the subject.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:19 AM
CommanderBlaine

thanks for the replies guys, and my appologies for taking so long to get back to you, my frame is a...

[h=3]New HJ MWC X-Mode Alien Multicopter Quadcopter[/h]
i don't know what that means, i did try googling that name followed with a various combination of words suchs as "builds" or "schematics" on different searches. maybe i'm searching for the wrong thing

other than having this frame i know nothing about this stuff, any recommendations on where i should begin?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Luke_cooke
Hi,

I have just finished a Project that you might be interested in, it has a detailed build guide with videos. I have also put together a parts list, There is also a page for people who are looking to build it as cheaply as possible.

Check out my website for more info and contact details: http://explorer4-quadcopter.com/

There is alot of information out there And trust me I know it's hard finding the right stuff, Like zeroback said we really need to know what size frame you have to help you out.

All the best
Luke
Nice looking quad Luke. How is the GPS hover with the HK Pilot 2.7? I tried a Multiwii Pro and it flies ok but I am not happy with it as the GPS hold is very sloppy compared to the Naza Lite.

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-08-2014 at 09:51 PM.