Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

DJI S1000+ Maiden Takeoff Question re: Tipping

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

DJI S1000+ Maiden Takeoff Question re: Tipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:26 AM
WontGrowUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DJI S1000+ Maiden Takeoff Question re: Tipping

Hey Gang,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a bit of a concern I have for the first takeoff of a new DJI S1000+.

I've done all the bench testing, checked the CG and programmed the A2 IMU & GPS locations in the A2 Assistant Software.

I haven't actually taken off yet. I am trying to get a nice easy lift off and as I get the motors running and gently ease the throttle up for a gingerly lift off, the S1000+ begins to tip one way or the other (some forward, some left, some right). I guess my question is, "Do I need to have more authority with the throttle and trust that the A2 will do it's thing and stabilize the S1000+?" I've tried it in all 3 modes (manual, GPS, Atti) and get the same result each time.

Any insight is appreciated,

JC
Old 01-01-2015, 09:43 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

You can be too gentle on takeoff sometimes. I have found with some of my quads that I just have to be a little aggressive on throttle advance and not worry so much. That doesn't mean to go full throttle but to advance it briskly and not hesitate too much.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:30 PM
WontGrowUp

Hey Randall,

Many thanks for the input. I went out today and gave her a bit more throttle a bit more expediciously and everything went according to plan.

All the best,

James
Old 01-02-2015, 09:06 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

No problem. I'm glad to read that it worked out well. I know it's hard to judge just how far to push something especially when it's that expensive and you're just not sure what the outcome will be.