Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

help me :D

Old 01-08-2016, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me :D

Hello, I'm member of this forum for only few hours, and since then I'm thoughtfully reading several threads. I'd like to join "quadcopter owner" club, and buy my first quadcopter. Is out there anyone willing to help me pick right quadcopter to start flying? I thought to ONAGOfly Smart Nano Drone but I'm not sure if it's the right decision...What do you guys think?
Old 01-13-2016, 04:50 AM

Hi I read your post and had to register to reply, when I started I had zero help from anyone and spend hundreds of pounds buying the wrong things (hobbyking I'm looking at you).

I started off with a 250 quad with full APM 2.5 with GPS, I didnt know a thing about the hobby I just went on ebay and thought it would be a good 1st time craft... 250 later and a few failed flights I learned to start off small so I got a hubsan x4, nice and inexpensive whilst still being robust. I've lost a quite a few of them but at around 30 each they are almost disposable, I would stick with this until you can fly nose in and complete a figure of 8 without thinking about it.

I'd stear well clear of that micro quad, I'd take a big pinch of salt with the specs and usability of it, 15min runtime, 1080p camera, full gps, fpv with your phone... Too good to be true, I'd wait until some credible reviews appear on youtube.

On a side note stay clear of GPS quads at the start, alot of flyaways are caused by setting the thing up wrong and it going off at random, thats not to say GPS is bad its just new pilots need to know how to fly without GPS assist.

I've built a Xugong V2 with a Naza (I know I know...) and I only use the gps hold when I'm linging up a shot, I do have return to launch setup if anything goes wrong and I log each flight using itelemetry.

Go small, go cheep until your ready for someting bigger.

I hope this helps
Regards
Andrew
Old 11-17-2016, 10:13 AM

AGRIFF is right. I wouldn't trust that quad until you see some verifiable reviews of people who actually bought it. It seems a bit too good to be true.

I'd start off with a basic quadcopter like the Hubsan X4. It's a good all around mini drone that will last you a while. Once you're comfortable with the controls, I'd move on to more expensive ones like these. Don't be in a hurry to progress too quickly. Take your time, learn the fundamentals, and you'll safely navigate your way up to the advanced models.