Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Pipefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP

Hey Danvel,
no sirilic this time huh?

The ATV is intact since the TX comes together with the DF (also thereĀ“s a tape attatched over the switches to no one makes a mistake........
I have 3 original packs 3 cells (3,7V each - 11,1V total)...........
Old 07-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Spaceclam

I think i know now what your problem is. See, batteries have a peak voltage. when you charge them they have a much higher voltage than when you discharge them a little. so when you start it up the voltage is higher and it climbs. once the voltage drops it begins to descend a bit as the battery hits it's flat part of the curve (lipos have a big long flat part) and it hovers at about two feet due to ground effect. it does not do it on the tether cord becasue it is not discharging a battery with any power curve and is running on a steady source. try charging your batteries, and then hooking it up directly to one of the motors. it should get really fast for a little bit and then slow down and stay at that speed. test it and we may be able to help. also, if at full power it barely manages to hover, your motors may be wearing out.
let us know what happens
Old 07-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Spaceclam

I translated it back in forth from different languages to different languages about 15 times and i eventually came up with this. i know this is getting way off subject, but when you read it it is kinda funny.

Salut Danvel..... the sense is large, that the agreement with this goes, but you it never weet this sense, as, how much in portion on on the things it it convey.
By the example, the plan fETs of rds logic has exactly more soils, if it it it it you the relative stroboscope to place on, that closes it off you VCC.
That, Ii1, ii1, it make. Dch -.Phase of Dch - dch analogue TL497 at the efforts 10v of setnoa4 the
side of the nets. I begin misjudged from things avoid, if the large forces you highly I of postavky of, which gesegelt in, it had it, it has it, it is, which outward s ' phase ' Dch sour wishes
-.dch dch of the adjustment of the neck volume. PoichĆØ df at this method it is originally used, in OrtsprĆ©mier in OrtsprĆ©mier and particularly, which it is, after this, the problem can is.

In rafia caso, prĆ²xima 4 of lyuboznatel ' one, since you on the things convey. Wedde the reference, completely on cursussen the construction stivamento the neck volume
one selected, that.

I think we have ran out of draganflyer things to talk about dont you?
Old 07-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Pipefish

hahahahaha, good, very good.....
Old 07-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Pipefish

Just donĀ“t forget my blades, ok?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Spaceclam

i have my dad going to the post office today. i do not forget my promises.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Pipefish

Hehehehahaaha. DidnĀ“t meant to upset you ok?
Old 07-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Spaceclam

you did not upset me. i am an easy going fellow. my dad is currently on his way to the local post office now so you could probably expect them in around a week.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Pipefish

I know, I was joking.

Space, after all this "trauma" pass away, IĀ“d love to share with you some ideas i had about a model that uses two Speed 300 or 400 in front and in parallel (one CW and another CCW to eliminate torque force) and another one (manybe 280) on tail that can rotate in both directions to go forth and back. Something like this:

X----------X
=
=
=
=
X

Example: to go to the right direction the right prop will spin less than left, and blah, blah blah (you should figure out the rest)

Regards!
Old 07-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Spaceclam

There is no trauma, jsut as much as 17 weeks of waiting. if i get lucky i might be abe to take out a loan from my dad but i will be completely broke until i get that paid off. i would have to add another cell to each of my packs, and that's another $50 in batteries.[:@] i will try and get it figured out. i will try and post some video of it flying with the UFO body when i get it done.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Pipefish

That "image that appears on my posting was not what I meant. The column that appears on the left, is in the middle
Old 07-13-2004, 10:40 PM
ufoman

Spaceclam what was the weight of your entire foam structure? Have you considered a carbon rod structure with some sort of monocote plastic sheeting over it. You seem to be very knowlegeable with the mixers, electronics etc. For me I am waiting on the new and improved board from spectrolutions. Mike over there is not sure when it will be done. I guess it will add a new element of stabiliity to the draganflyer. I am probably going to put this board into my own creation. Also do you fly with a good computer radio like a Futaba 9ch or do you use a simpler radio?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Spaceclam

Well first of all, if you are using the new spectrolutions board (mike is a nice guy) you are kinda cheating arent you? there is nothing left to do but hook up the motors and where is the fun there? i have considered going a carbon support with a plastic monokote finish thingy but there are several reasons i dont. #1. i plan on painting it to look like a UFO and the monokote would look weird as it would not be quite round but you could see where the seams are and where it attaches to the supporting material
#2 i have already spend $80 of my hard earned allowance money on it and it had bloody well better work.
#3 it will be very tough to shape it as i need it because of the vast amount of dynamic curves involved
#4 if i were to crash and something were to break, repairs would be lengthy, expensive and it would look all wierd.

so, i am going brushless. it is expensive, but it gives me the power i need while i reduce weight and bring my flight times up to 'round about 10 minutes, increaseing my throttle response and it also gives me a good reason to the high quality (high resolution) speed controllers that i really needed in the first place. it will cost a fortune, but i will get that $$$ somehow. i have about $15 in cans in my backyard right now waiting to be turnd in, and i just made about $20 by taking a virus off the computer. between those, some $$$ i hope to earn during the move (i am not counting on it though) and my allowance i may be able to get my dad to lend me the $$$ i need to finance this project and just pay him back as time goes by, (ie allowance money and all i ask for for x-mas is $ anyway so i may get some help there) and junk n stuff. also, i have some connections and i should be able to get all this fun at wholesale but it will still run about $300.

Yes, i do use a computer radio. I use my futaba 8u. i only need 4 channels but i have had to use atvs, dual rates and mixers alike to bring down my travel volume to around 9%, and i have a switch that will bump it up to 18% in case there is some wind or something. i could do without it and just use onboard stuff, but the 8u is the only radio i have, so why buy another one. it works just fine for my other planes. it is a slightly simpler radio than the 9c though. the 8u is actually a more complicated radio than the 9c. while it has one less channel there are little quarks in the radio that require mixers to eliminate, but they are few and far between. they are now discontinued to leave room for the 9c. you can buy them used in like new condition now for about $150.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Pipefish

UFOMAN, youĀ“ll cannot buy buy this new board from Spectrolutions, theyĀ“ll not sell you at any price!
IĀ“ve tried it before.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Pipefish

Space,
what happened with the Kevlar option you meant. YouĀ“ll not use it anymore?
Remembering your pictures: the whole structure will not make a "parachute effect" when it goes up and down? Because of the wide planar area?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Spaceclam

pipefish, how come i dont see you around any of the other forums? do you fly planes or helis? drive cars or boats? anything?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Spaceclam

nah. there would be no real menifit. there would be a definate parachute effect and that is partly what i need more power for. if i need to climb or get a gust of wind, i need a lot more power to compensate. the kevlar idea would notwork because it needs epoxy as a resin and would be just as heavy as the foam i am trying to eliminate, while it reduces it's impact durability.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Pipefish

Besides, if you have any trouble with your prototype it will fall gentlywith the parachute effect

I fly a Raptor 30 also and a "Catalina" like electric.

I donĀ“t go in any other forum (but this: Draganfly, anyone build it control it?) because my english (as you may noticed) is not "that good", hehehe.

Regards!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Spaceclam

it isn't purfect, but a lot of the guys out there are a lot worse. dont hide yourself, i can easily understand whta you mean in here.
In theory, yes it would fall gently with the parachute, assuming there is no turbulance, wind, and that the model was perfectly level. at any rate, the soonest i can order these parts is in about two weeks if i can get the loan and the longest being about 14 weeks at this point (i've made a little extra cash). i am certainly hoping for the loan (obviously) becuse i will be able to get it flying soon after. (the ordering of the motors will take a little while) i need to get my hands on four of the feigao 1308343s brushless motors that are the plug-n-play motors for the gws gearbox i have now. all i would have to do is pound on the pinion gear and i am set.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Pipefish

Space,
just think well about the loan taxes huh? Sometimes the loan looks very good but if you compare with the official banck taxes, is an absurd!
Some people just canĀ“t escape the "claws" of the loan agents!
IĀ“m journalist and I see everyday lots of people get in real trouble because of it.
IĀ“m pretty sure that is not you case, and that the amount of money is not considerable, Ƭm only concerned about ya, friend!
Old 07-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Spaceclam

remember, i am 14. i would be taking a loan out from my dad and he doesnt charge interest becasue it is a relatively small sum of money. (in the US, $300 sounds like a lot but it does not get you very far when you need something) but the loan interest rate thing is no secret. anybody who takes out a loan complains.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Pipefish

Hehehe, besides, you can amorthize it by birthday and xmas gifts!
Space, where you from?
Old 07-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Spaceclam

that's what i do. because each item is expensive even individually i just ask for cash and collectively i usually get a fair amount. My b-day is a while from now but xmas is coming up so i should be able to recoup some of the cash i dropped into this money pit. As stated under my name, i am from southern california. dispite any rumours you may have heard about the weather and the beaches, the beaches are littered with broken glass, cigarette butts and trash, and the weather stinks. it is not pleasently warm at any time. it is either cold and foggy (i like it that way) but mostly it is blistering hot and quite unpleasent. that's what keeps me indoors so i usually sit and wait for email to arrive.[&:]
Old 07-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Pipefish

Yes, my cousin lives on San Diego.
The city I live is in the south os Brasil, ONU says that is one of the 5 better cities in the world to live. Sometimes I agree, sometimes definetively donĀ“t. In spite of being in Brsail is one of the coldest of the country and now is winter here (sometimes 0Āŗ C). Feel free to visit me anytime, ok?

Regards
Old 07-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Spaceclam

i would love to. i doubt that will end up happening though because my brother and i cant stop arguing long enough to even do stuff, let alone make it to brazil[:@]. i wish more people would attempt building a vtol so that we would not be so bored in here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.