Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

return spring on walbro throttle arm for MVVS 2.15

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Z-rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default return spring on walbro throttle arm for MVVS 2.15

Im currently setting up the throttle linkage on my MVVS 2.15. Im finding that the return spring is quite heavy, should I remove it? Ive heard that the spring will reduce wear on the throttle shaft, is this true? If the spring should be retained, I may make an extention for the throttle arm so that i can increase leverage reducing holding force on the throttle servo. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Johan
Old 05-01-2005, 01:48 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: return spring on walbro throttle arm for MVVS 2.15

Johan,

Another MVVS owner asked this question a few months ago.
The spring actually has a real functionality only when the carburettor is trigger operated.

With a throttle servo pushing and pulling the lever, it is redundant and may overwork your throttle servo.

See what Pe and David may have to say.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Z-rc

Hello DarZeelon,
Thanks for the reply and sorry if Im repeating an already discussed topic. I hope Pe or David will settle this for me.

Regards, Johan
Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 AM
David_Moen

I reccomend that you disengage the throttle spring from the arm. Leave the spring in place, as it prevents the throttle shaft from vibrating in the body of the carb, but snip the ends if the spring off with wire cutters so that it is not providing any resistance to the throttle servo.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:32 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also found, that the butterfly valve batters the valve bore and shaft bearing, causing increased rotation friction and premature valve wear, ultimately leading to lousy idle or stuck butterfly valve.
Either leave the spring in place like David said, or shim the shaft to avoid all side play.
The latter solution is best in the long run, as it prevents the valve from touching, and damaging the bore walls, unless the valve is closed.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Z-rc

Hello All,
Thanks for the feedback and will keep the spring on the shaft, only snip the hooked portion to essentially disable the spring tension. Ill keep an eye on the bore/butterly wear and install shims if necessary.

Regards, Johan