Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 35 mounting

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 35 mounting

Gentlemen
Can you tell me whether it is OK to mount an MVVS 35 using the 4 crankcase backplate screws? (Pic attached).

The 35 will replace a Moki 210, for which I used standoffs which captured the 4 screws.(slighly longer versions).
I know you have a radial mount, but it is too short for my need, and I would like to use what I have in hand. It fits exactly.

I realise the Moki screws are larger (5mm vs 4mm) and their casting is thicker, so I am concerned about strength here.

Also, I assume there is no reason not to rotate the carb slightly in order to better align the throttle and choke arms?

Thanks
Martyn Warren

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49927.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	513117  
Old 08-25-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 35 mounting

Martyn,

The MVVS radial mount uses the same crankcase bolt holes, so I would not discount the displayed mounting method.

However, the MVVS radial mount comes with bolts that are longer than then the original back-plate bolt that they replace.
For robustness, it is important that you obtain bolts that would engage the full length of the thread.

If you use the original bolts, only a portion of the thread would be engaged and it could be stripped out, if you are not careful when tightening, or even in a rough landing.

Rotating the carburettor slightly will not alter its behavior too much, unless airflow is adversely affected around the intake.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 35 mounting

Thanks Dar.
I will cut new bolts for max length if I go this route.
MW