Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Evolution 26gt idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:17 AM
ddotson
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 26gt idle problem

My 26 has always had this very annoying problem. When trying to set the idle speed with the trim, it runs either to slow or to fast. It just seems WAY to sensitive around the idle point. There is just no servo resolution, linkage that would be good enough to set it at the right idle speed and maintain the setting. For example when it is idling to low you can apply just the slightest pressure on the throttle arm and it starts idling to fast. I have a extension arm on the throttle arm for better symetry. I know if this extension arm were longer it would give better resolution, but don't really think even that would solve the problem. This has me baffled. Makes trying to get idle low enough to land very risky! All help appreciated.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 26gt idle problem

set the idle needle richer until resolution is OK, and use the throttle stop screw for lowest idle. Stop the engine with ignition kill, just like your car.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:10 AM
ddotson
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

set the idle needle richer until resolution is OK, and use the throttle stop screw for lowest idle. Stop the engine with ignition kill, just like your car.
Thanks, I can hold the throttle arm manually against the stop and SLOWLY turn idle screw to reduce rpm. At some point it will instantly go from about 2300 rpm to about 1300 rpm just cant get anything in between. Tuning the idle mixture does not seem to broaden the idle range. You can throttle up and bring the throttle down to idle position against the stop it will idle high and after 20 seconds or so it will drop to a dangerously low but constant rpm???
Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many things that need to be checked.
Clean the carb well, and be very meticulous about pulse line connections and re-assembly.
How did you tune the idle needle?