Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Evo 35GT (first Gen) Wont start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo 35GT (first Gen) Wont start?

I purchaced this engine second hand almost a year ago. I ran it a few times and even got a handfull of flights on it. Then it just did not want to start anymore. I am having trouble getting fuel to draw to the carburetor. Pump diaphram? I have even primed the main fuel line by starting a siphon effect then plugging it into the carb. Then I turn the prop a couple hundred times (maybe exagerated) choked and no fuel comes out of the carb bore. Infact I see air pushing back up the fuel line from the carb. I put some fuel directly down the carb bore and can get the engine to sound off breifly (I've got spark). My engine is mounted inverted. Any ideas?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Mr67Stang

Default RE: Evo 35GT (first Gen) Wont start?

Update: I took the carb apart and blew the screen out... It was pretty nasty. Now I can draw fuel and get it to fire after I prime it choked. But I can not seem to get it to stay running. A few rotations when choked... release the choke and flip until you arm falls off and not even a pop out of it.

Do these carbs not like to work inverted?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
fritzdecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I am at my wits end with an engine I send it to BJ's Model engine Service.

The guy is a wizard and can breathe life right into it. Worth the money to eliminate the aggravation.

Do you also own the smaller Evo 26GT2?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Mr67Stang

ORIGINAL: fritzdecat

When I am at my wits end with an engine I send it to BJ's Model engine Service.

The guy is a wizard and can breathe life right into it. Worth the money to eliminate the aggravation.

Do you also own the smaller Evo 26GT2?
No, I don't have a 26 GT but I do have a plane that would do well with one.. Right now I'd be a little hesitant to purchase another Evolution gassoline engine with this undeterminable problem.

I have thought about sending the engine into Horizon for service and possibly choking on another $230 for the "type-2" ignition but thats a lot of money and not knowing if thats the problem I'm actually a little suprised at the lack of response here.