Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 160 Glow problem

Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
asabache55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 160 Glow problem

Hi I'm a mvvs 160 glow.
I'm having problems with the Walbro carb. I cant get the right settings and the engine quits al medium range of RPMs.
And I have a mvvs tuned pipe and mvvs exaust and I don't know the measure of the exaust to sintonize the tuned pipe. I'm using an APC 16x10 @ 8160 RPM and I believe that are not enought for these engine and tuned pipe.
I'll wait for your answer.
Thanks a lot.

Sergio.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:02 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 160 Glow problem

The pipe header length should be 6" (150mm)

What right setting?
lean?
rich?
dies lean or rich? Sudden/slowly?
You could have given a little more information.

How old is the engine? Is the crankcase to carb pulse connection OK?
The carb membranes may have hardened. So I would first check that. The regulating membrane should be soft and flabby.
When you check it, mark the orientation of gaskets etc. Also check the fuel strainer inside the carb under the pump membrane. this membrane should be soft as well (if black neoprene type). The valve petals should be flat, not curved or curled.

Personally, I do not like a walbro carb for glow fuel, though some have had good results. I did not like the full range tuning, the glow fuel tends to harden the membranes and corrode the carb housing. That is why I do sell the glow carb glow version, but not the walbro carb glo version.
Replace the Walbro with a glow carb, and be done.