Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Performance of MVVS/Evolution 26 gas

Old 11-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Keane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance of MVVS/Evolution 26 gas

Hi,
This question was posted at the "Gasengine forum" and I noticed there is a specific forum for MVVS, so I put forward my request here also.

I am concidering to put an MVVS/evolution 26 (or similar gas-engine) into my KMP/ESM Spitfire. I now fly it with a Saito 180, which gives a lot of power, but I am keen to try gas. Looking at the E 26 manual, it says that max power output is 3,8 horspowers, but I guess that is with an optimal exhaust arrangement (tuned pipe). In my Spitfire I think the best practical exhaust-system would be the wrap-around inverted muffler.

Are there anybody that could give me some information on what performance (RPM) I can expect from the engine with the wrap-around muffler with propellers in the range 16X8, 16X10 and 17X8?

Keane
Old 11-02-2008, 02:45 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Performance of MVVS/Evolution 26 gas

Keane,

MVVS do post some [link=http://mvvs.cz/mvvs%2026SP.html]benchmark numbers for the 26 cc engine[/link].

As you can see, with the #3266 tuned-pipe, this engine spins a 16x10 prop and an 18x8 prop, at about the same RPM.

For the 18x8, there is also a number with the #3270 Pitts style side muffler, which is ~900 RPM lower than the piped figure.

The same number is what you would expect for the 16x10 prop.

But do take note; the Mejzlik C/F props, with which these numbers were taken, offer less load than, say, a Bolly wood prop of the same dimensions, but with wider blades...