Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 58 Noise Reduction

Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 58 Noise Reduction

Hi Pe,

Just wondering if you could give me some tips on reducing the noise output of my MVVS 58?

I'm trying to achieve 96dB(A) at 3 meters with the noise meter 30cm off the ground. This is to the F3A standard and testing is being done over short grass.

My current set-up results in 102dB(A) @ 3 meters.

The current set-up is:
Airframe: Extreme Flight Yak 54 88" span.
Engine: MVVS 58 Std.
Muffler: KS 1060 Tuned Pipe. Soft mounted KS kit.
Flex Header: Home made with KS parts 440mm long. Soft mounted near teflon joiner.
Prop: Mejzlik 24 x 10TH.
Spinner: 4" Carbon by Precision Aerobatics.
Engine mount: MVVS standoff.

The engine is currently doing around 6300 RPM.
I have tried a Mejzlik 24 x 12 prop but the result was still 102dB(A). RPM dropped to about 6150 with this prop.

I've been told that a 3 blade prop would reduce the noise and was thinking of a 24 x 10 (3 blade). I also have the soft mount for the motor and could re-install that. My only concern with this prop would be the load on the engine. MVVS has it as a recommended size though so it should be ok.

I see that you are meeting your 80dB(A) limit at 7 meters so achieving 96dB(A) at 3 should be achievable. I hope...

Many thanks.
Jason.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:28 AM
BaldEagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 58 Noise Reduction

Look hear: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4778656/tm.htm

Mike