Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

RPM question

Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 AM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM question

I just want to know if I am getting good RPM numbers. I put a 18x8 JXF prop on my 35GT and it turned it 75-76. The engine is used but it has only a tank tru it. The Exhuast Residue was BLACK. I ask because I am going to run a 3 blade i believe for ground clearance and the RPM's seemed low for a 2 blade. What also is a good starting point for the needles. I had to adjust the lowend because it was dying when I advanced the throttle quickly from idle.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: RPM question

on my MVVS 35 Red Head (about 5 years old) with a Bisson Inverted Side Muffler I get 7200 tuned for flight with a 3W brand 20x8 ,, Peak RPM with that prop is 7370,, with a Zinger 20x8 Pro I'm up around 7400 tuned for Flight/7600 Peaked out..

Jim