Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

HI ALL I'm new to the planes and I order this from nitroplanes and i have this big gap in the front about 1/4th of an inch. I want to send it back to nitro planes but i already put it together. Other member pictures i have seen they are not like this. Will someone from nitroplanes help me out and send me a new one or let me know what to do. My order number is order yhst-17210252890263-151069 anyone from nitroplanes can call me at 216-315-5777 how come everyone else gets the perfect model and i get the hand me downs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72921.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1518872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30936.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1518873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb73700.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1518874  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:56 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

No big deal...

Unscrew the grub screw holding the prop shaft onto the motor shaft.

Then slide the prop shaft back further. If this is not possible, use a drill bit to clear a bit more material from the prop shaft.

The plane flies just fine as is, provided the shaft is locked down well.

BTW: I hope you will not attempt to fly this plane without first being instructed on a regular trainer.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

ORIGINAL: opjose

No big deal...

Unscrew the grub screw holding the prop shaft onto the motor shaft.

Then slide the prop shaft back further. If this is not possible, use a drill bit to clear a bit more material from the prop shaft.

The plane flies just fine as is, provided the shaft is locked down well.

BTW: I hope you will not attempt to fly this plane without first being instructed on a regular trainer.
Yeah i had about 12minutes on a trainer and after Crash1414... buddy let me fly his parkzone p51 I flew it better than the trainer. We are hook up to the buddy system with Dx6i radio's so every time it gets out of hand when i try to land crash1414 will take over. Sofar 3 rough landings but it gets better with time, I donot plain on flying those planes by my self just yet only with a trainer on the buddy system. I'll have my buddy take a look because i left the plane at his home but if i can remember it look like the shaft was a fixed one. Thanks