Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitro Edge 540 -90 help

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitro Edge 540 -90 help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Arthur K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitro Edge 540 -90 help

I am thinking of buying one from nitro models eather the edge or the Yak 54 for 120 size Aircraft

I can see the Yak construction on the site but the edge I have no clue what it looks like
does it have the open construction Plug in wings ? removable Hatch/Canopy
Is it full 3d capable ?????? someone let me know or if you have pics of the insides ??
help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80234.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	944084  
Old 05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Edge 540 -90 help

ORIGINAL: Arthur K

I am thinking of buying one from nitro models eather the edge or the Yak 54 for 120 size Aircraft

I can see the Yak construction on the site but the edge I have no clue what it looks like
does it have the open construction Plug in wings ? removable Hatch/Canopy
Is it full 3d capable ?????? someone let me know or if you have pics of the insides ??
help

Open construction:. If you mean "light ply" with little sheeting on say the fuse... yes.

Plug in wings: yes they screw in from the top, but they are joined together.

Removable Hatch/Canopy: The canopy must be removed to put the wings on/off.

"Full 3D capable": Only as much as Edges tend to be. I would not consider the Edge a true 3D plane, though if the C.G. is set back it has no problem hovering. It is not a plane for harriers, and other high alpha light loading moves though.

I saw one guy hear complain that this particular edge was a poor flyer, but he had overloaded it. Edge's tend to be very snappy and will drop a wing when they get slow if you load the wings down more than stated. It's important to keep the plane light for best performance.