Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Sea Fury .60

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sea Fury .60 total piece of crap!!!

I am making an assumption but considering willshobby(ripoff king ) went out of business on ebay under NewYork Grace I figured the seafurys would end up elseware and I was correct . I purchased one from Wills along with a good on line RCU friend HalHumphrey , surpriseingly ours were very good quality , the issues with the plane is that they stated "retract ready " and that was a total lie .
The fiberglass fuse was thick and did not tin can like so many of my CMP planes .
Willshobbys is a great example of a China suppler with potential that simply need an RC- hobbiest to give them marketing direction on quality and key focals points of the RC industry .They wont answer there emails on ebay and simply dont care .
Nitro /egrand/raidentech/hobby for less/ and the 50 or so other names they use on line will always be a puzzel to me , they chime in on RCU occasionally but there presence is as inconsistant as there servace .
If Nitro business was that strong CMP would not have renewed its relationship with AK modles (ALex) so perhaps we can assume again that Nitro is not doing well
Old 07-10-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CMP like any vendor is best off selling through as many outlets as possible.

It is highly unlikely that this has anything to do with NP itself.

From a "consumer's" perspective, the more vendors the merrier though.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:38 PM

How can anyone defend this company and sleep at night. It has everything to do with NP. They are the ones selling inferior products.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: kid chuckles

They are the ones selling inferior products.
If so, why spend so much time here ranting?

Move along, there is nothing to see here.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 PM
My Feedback: (209)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Now C'mon Ranger,

Thats not really needed is it?

The man should be heard.

I would think that this Nitro Models forum is the best place to let it be spoken, bad or good.

This forum is the perfect Customer Relations conduit, and they would benefit if they used it better.

As far as I can tell, NM is not taking the forum as serious as some of the end users of their products are.

After all is said,
I came here to research some of the opinions of end users before I ever bought a Nitro Plane.

I judged bad and good comments equally.
I still do.
I have no ill will for either side of the coin.

BUT.....................................

There is something to see here:

A 27 year RC pilot, RCU Contributing Editor, and pretty damn experienced builder in the process of getting hosed............................
by a Chinese company that has (apparently) had questionable customer satisfaction and some unresolved issues.

I say let it fly!
Dave

7-10-08

Old 07-11-2008, 07:42 AM

Yes sir officer sir, no problem here. Why do you hang out here and why are you on EVERY topic? After all there is nothing to see here. You for sure got that right NOTHING from Nitro anyway. I wish i had thought of saying it that way.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:01 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GUys keeping it on subject , we have an RC-brother who has a problem with a vendor that I personally will never trust .I dont care what anyone says and yes its my choice , but when traveling to southern Cal , go find the Nitro warehouse , the Raidentech Warehouse ,egrand buy ect look at the business models , the locations , ect ect and tell me there not the same company , then I have some good land to sell you in ALaska lol .
As far as China companies selling thru multiple distributors , that is incorrect , the best business model is one USA exclusive distributor just like KMP in the USA . They control price , image and distribution channles and most importantly servace levels .
Half the planes on the Nitro planes web do not match the pics at all , they CMP and Flymodels for example and you wont know what plane you get when you order , they show a Byron P40 picture for a CMP , there website is so poorly maintained that models that have been discontinued appear as out of stocks for over 2 years .
Try calling them , if you get a live person that you can understand , play the lotto that day , you are lucky !!! This is from a person who has two parents that are imigrants and has a perfact understanding and patience for people who struggle with the english language .
Good luck with Nitro planes , or what ever name they will call themselves this year
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: plumberdeluxe

Now C'mon Ranger,

Thats not really needed is it?

The man should be heard.
When someone proclaims everything a vendor sells as "crap" with no actual experience, how do you take such ( cough* trashtalk * cough ) seriously?

He's based this assessment upon ONE plane comparing it to kit builds, and then calls them all "crap".

Yet there are plenty of reviews, owners, and magazines that say that he is wrong, ( even if you don't believe me ).

I've posted pictures of planes I've purchased from NP illustrating the workmanship both good and bad...

I've also noted where something is problematic, and/or is to be avoided. And as with all vendors, there are things to be avoided.

He does no one any favor by posting his "it's all crap" statements to the multiple threads. He just does this periodically.

I don't see him offering any help.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 PM

They are beyond help rofl. The post i did offer help on you griped about that one also. My plane was cool looking when I got thru with it. But the only thing Nitro about it was the body. YOU KNOW, changed hardware not all there anyway, changed landing gear and the way it mounted, Could not read the inst. manuel, Lots of stuff was left off the manuel that as I a new ARF guy would have not a clue as to how to do. And at the time only knew one person that actually flew. Bought the plane without consulting these pages did not know about RCU at the time. Man know way would I have bought it. Sorry I did not buy the most expensive plane they had. I bought the one that caught my eye. Same as I do now. Buy what I I I think is cool. Have giant size planes and also have the air hog little heli, and about every size in between. You might think I am an amature but here is a pic of some of my planes. 3 belong to my neighbor that helped me out when I was starting. But as you can see it was not my last and not my very first. But for sure my first and last NITRO. And yes i am glad that some have had them work out for them but just look at the posts the bad seems to me to out weigh the good by a lb. or so.

Man I forgot the Chipmunk I bought from them is in the pic. Can you belive i would even talk bad about that cool looking little plane if it were not.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32684.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	992036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk32033.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	992037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46754.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	992038  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:31 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Geez, that's a hell of a way to trailer your airplanes!!!!! =)
Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 AM

Yeah Crazy u don't go to far or to fast either. Was a 4th. parade. Did this for the club and the LHS. Or so thought neither would up any planes for it. But the LHS sure wanted there signs on there. Anyway I am trying to help in my own way OPajse I am trying to help people not make a mistake by buying from them and your doing the opposite. I respect that and don't hold a thing against you for your opinion. Mine is just different. Like i said one time with them was enough for me and seeing the amount of people that have never gotten to fly there planes and the ones that have had to spend alot of money to get the proper parts just gets to me some. I don't hang out in here regular and the mixture of your comments along with mine give two opinions for folks to consider that is all I am doing. Good luck to anyone buying or that has bought from them. Will stay away awhile now have said enough again good luck and good flying fella's.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Well looks like these planes are being sold in Australia now on ebay.
Apparently coming from a Chinese company called "YH Hobbies".

I unfortunately got one.
I tried to research the planeon here, but of course the company is called something totally different.

Thin fibreglass fuse, wooden dowels in the horizontal stabiliser are put in on an angle so you cant mount the stab with the aluminum tube inserted, Fuel tank exit in the firewall is out by a mile so the tank sits to the left and doesnt fit properly, Wing saddle is out of alignment so the wing doesnt fit, Tail wheel collars dont fit, Blind nuts to hold the wing on are way out of alignment.
And I havent looked at anything else.

I mean I am a newb to building ARF's etc, but I am not blind.

The guy I got it off on ebay has 50 of them for sale. So I am guessing he picked them up cheap because no other company would buy them.

I just sent an email to the Australian company that I bought it off to see what they will do about it. If anything.
My biggest mistake was not trial fitting everything. I had installed the control surfaces before I noticed the rest of it. So will be interesting to see what happens.

I wont be buying another no-name brand again.

If anyone in Australia is thinking of buying the 66" YH Hobbies Sea Fury I would avoid it. If you need the name of the company that sells them PM me and I will let you know. I cant let other people get burnt like I did.

The auction on ebay stated "THE QUALITY OF THE REDESIGNED AND STRENGTHENED FIBERGLASS FUSELAGE IS AMAZING."

If this fuse is redesigned and strengthened the original design must have been like trying to build a plane out of a raw sausage.

I reckon the fuse would twist something shocking in the air. If it didnt just outright fall apart.
There is no way it could support the tail.

I will post the outcome from the seller when/if I hear from them.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM

After reading back through plumberdeluxe's posts I noticed he mentioned the fuse was twisted. So I checked mine. And sure enough its twisted to the left when looking at the plane from the front.

Interestingly I found the yhmodels website and have a look at the bottom picture of the sea fury:

http://www.yhmodels.com/big_.asp?pid=292&pmodel=YH138

Thats no optical illusion. Mine is the same.......
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Hey Veeate,

You are completely and totally correct.
The plane is a piece of sh*t to put it honestly.

Excellent post describing the flaws you found.
I had all the above including the paint falling off.

I been at this 25 years and have constructed over 700 RC plane kits,
I know a piece of Sh*t when I see one.

You won't get your money back,
You won't get anything.
I haven't received a simple email since my post started

We are stupid for buying the piece of Sh*t.
Burn it and move on.
Dave
9-5-08
Old 09-06-2008, 05:56 AM

Well I dont know about us being stupid. We saw a product that looked and sounded like a good plane.

Neither of us intentionally bought it knowing it was faulty. The manufacturer should have just never put this on the market. They must have had some returns early in this products life, however they have tried to regain their manufacturing costs by moving the product onto different markets to try and unload them.

If I don't get my money back it will be put on a post at our aero club and will be a very flash looking weather vane.

Makes me wonder how many people bought this and ruined perfectly good radio gear and engines trying to fly it.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:02 AM

Agreed,

I hung mine in a hobby shop so all the lookers could see the many faults and stay away from Nitro planes altogether.

That was my way of helping the local hobbyist who might be looking for a plane to build.

There was no way I would have installed any gear in that train wreck.

It is a collection of manufacturing flaws resembling a popular aircraft.

My disgust for this fly by night company could not be worse.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
My Feedback: (494)

Nice Lil Toni, wonder where you bought it, RCU perhaps?
I'm STILL working on my Cosmic Wind, but the wait was worthwhile, now with several .61 - 1.20 choices for it.
What did you put on the Toni?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:19 PM

Hey Man,
How you doin?

I went with a ST 90 and bought the plane from the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Too bad my schedule is so dumb, it may never get started................LOL

Just got home and woofed after a long day............

Good to see you Sir,

Wanna buy a Chinese POS???

No-one wants to buy it from the Local Hobby shop.

Wonder why

Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
My Feedback: (494)

Nah that's alright, I'm still trying to dump a couple of Laniers, this Sea Fury seems to be going in the wrong direction! Nothing like using elevator to put it in a left bank turn, huh? Older Lanier used to come out with nightmares like that.
You'd think in this day and age that nonsense would have been long gone by now.

Hey, again, thanks for that JR radio, I'm completely hooked and sold my last 9C radio, upgrading to the 7202. I don't have to hunt for a small plastic screwdriver to change channels, and the programming is so fast in comparison with the Futaba.
Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/JR-XP-7202-MODE-...QQcmdZViewItem

Not a bad deal but it's MODE 1, yuck.

Can you can program some coupling to correct that twisted tail? LOL
Old 09-11-2008, 09:15 PM

Cool on all the above,
And high explosives might work to make this pig fly.

You got the radio that was supposed to go in this POS plane.

It found the best home.

The plane is now Proudly Publicly displayed as Chinese RC Repellent
Old 09-12-2008, 12:39 AM

Well there is a kind of happy ending to my drama.
One of the guys at the club who is our heavy model inspector has agreed to help me sort the Seafury out.
He has one of the older versions which sounds a lot worse. Thinner fuse etc.

The tail isn't as big an issue as I thought.
The tail is out, but not badly enough it can't be sorted out.

We will wedge the horizontal stabiliser with some balsa so the elevator works without banking the plane.

The other problems will just take time to sort out.

So I am keeping the plane.
He said the fibreglass thickness on mine is fine. Its actually stronger than some of his larger planes and definitely stronger than the old version.

Mine appears to be one of the second versions of the plane after some research.
It doesn't use wooden dowels to locate the LE of the wing. And there are a few other things that are different.

So after my huge rant, it will see the sky.

So if your in Australia and want this plane, be prepared for a lot of work to get it flying as expected.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM

It looks so good on the web site and on sale for $139. I wonder if the kits in the US are any better?

Vee how is yours coming along?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 PM

Very slowly at the moment balistc1000.

A lot of work involved in lining the horizontal stabiliser up with the fuse. I have had a few other projects on the go lately too so this has slowed progress.

I made up some balsa shims that go on the root of the stabilisers and just sanding them to fix the alignment problem. Once that is done however it will be just a matter of setting up a pull pull rudder system then install the electrics and she will fly.

I dont mind doing all this. But it would have been nice to know the work would be needed before I purchased it. Having said that I just completed a .40 size Miss America Mustang from Will Hobby and that was far worse as far as quality goes. Was not one thing on the plane that didnt need modifying in some way to get it to work. Most likely would have been as much work to build one from a kit.
Maidened the Mustang yesterday. And after all the hassles building I must admit it flies beautifully.

I had an email from someone who built the Sea Fury and he said once the balance issue was sorted it flew great. If you get one dont believe the balance points in the manual. Better to use an online MAC calculator and work it out that way apparently. Hopefully I will have the shims finished today and I can finish the rest of it off. It will be good to see it in the air. As it is a fantastic looking plane.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM

Thanks and good luck! Oh, are you going gas or electric?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:10 PM

Thanks
I will be running a .90 4 stroke most likely. I know its on the low end of the power scale for this plane. If it needs a lot of weight in the nose to balance it I will go up to a 1.20 or similar size.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.