Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

.15-.25 ARF Piper Cub

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

.15-.25 ARF Piper Cub

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Jav409

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .15-.25 ARF Piper Cub

Dear Nitro models : I received my airplane ARF kit today and while it is a very nice kit it is not the one you
Advertised in the picture I selected.
the add stated
90A27Y_Gas_J3Yellow25
Wing Span: 49.6in/1260mm
Wing Area: 286sq in/18.6 sqdm
Take-off weight: 2.30 lb/1050 g
Length: 31.7 in/805 mm
Engine: 2 Stroke 15-25 class or 480 electric motor (not included).
Radio system required: 4 channel with 4 servos (not included)

First off the wing span is 47 inches not 50. It uses micro servos, and it needs 5 not 4 to work.
It has a wood motor mount glued to the front of the plane not the motor mounts it showed in the Add.
The servos shown in the instruction manual are regular sized servos not the "micro" servos which I do not
Own, I have 30 regular servos. I was waiting with great anticipation for this model despite the warnings from
Members of the club I fly with. I am greatly disappointed in the product I was sent and would like an
Explanation as to why it is so different from the add ?
The fit and finnish of the model is very nice, just the problems above.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Jav409

Default RE: .15-.25 ARF Piper Cub

Dear Customer,

If you are having an issue with your item, please call tech support at 626-968-9860 from 12-6 pm pacific time.
Before placing any order online from a store you have not purchased from before, you should always read their return policy. To keep costs low and prices low, our return policy states that return shipping, whether due to defect or incorrect item, is the responsibility of the customer. We will cover the cost of shipping a replacement.

Regards,

This is the responce I received from My Email, nothing mentioned about the false Advertising. only Before placing any order online from a store you have not purchased from before, you should always read their return policy.

Let anyone who buys from these people beware.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
nitrostaff1

Hi,

I'm sorry about the discrepency on the advertisement. whats your order number so I can issue RMA for refund.

John
Nitro Planes
ORIGINAL: Jav409

Dear Customer,

If you are having an issue with your item, please call tech support at 626-968-9860 from 12-6 pm pacific time.
Before placing any order online from a store you have not purchased from before, you should always read their return policy. To keep costs low and prices low, our return policy states that return shipping, whether due to defect or incorrect item, is the responsibility of the customer. We will cover the cost of shipping a replacement.

Regards,

This is the responce I received from My Email, nothing mentioned about the false Advertising. only Before placing any order online from a store you have not purchased from before, you should always read their return policy.

Let anyone who buys from these people beware.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
FlyingPlanes13

ORIGINAL: Jav409

First off the wing span is 47 inches not 50. It uses micro servos, and it needs 5 not 4 to work.
It has a wood motor mount glued to the front of the plane not the motor mounts it showed in the Add.
The servos shown in the instruction manual are regular sized servos not the "micro" servos which I do not
Own, I have 30 regular servos. I was waiting with great anticipation for this model despite the warnings from
Members of the club I fly with. I am greatly disappointed in the product I was sent and would like an
Explanation as to why it is so different from the add ?
The fit and finnish of the model is very nice, just the problems above.
So do all of these Cubs come like the way Jav409 explained? I was going to order one, but i'm not sure if I want to now.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
squeaky penguin

If you look a couple posts down I recently started a thread titled "J3 cub 25 size and nitro models trouble". If you look closely there are three planes one the one page. I go into more detail on may post, may be helpful.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Jav409

Ok First off I want to Apologize to Nitro planes and thank nitrostaff1 for his quick response. I took
The plane to my instructor and He couldn’t believe it only cost 56 bucks. He is going to trade me
Some micro servos for some of my regular servos so we can get it going.
The plane delivered is close to scale, The wings are like real piper wings as in the lowest picture.
The fit and Finnish are good and like I said he liked the model. this is a guy who has a gazillion planes
Including a weed eater powered mustang and Corsair (together they could pay off the national dept.

He thought it was fine. We are going in and reinforce all the front joints with epoxy just to make sure
it will handle The OX .25 motor.
The servo problem is solved and I have a 168 Futaba receiver that will fit in nicely.
The only fly in the ointment is the motor mount, it is a wood mount I will have to grind away and
Replace with mounts like in the picture.
So if nitro need to change the add they need to put down micro servos and Replace that lousy wood
mount with a nylon or alum one. I trust my instructor if he says we can Make it work, we can make it work.

PS if Nitro planes wanted to send me the correct motor mounts I wouldn’t say no.
Hey it never hurts to ask.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM
nitrostaff1

Yes will change the ad of course. It is not our best interest to false advertise but sometime things happen when discriptions doesn't match.

Sorry for the incovience.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Lightnin Racer

Does is come with the landing gear shown in the second picture?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Jav409

It looks just like the very bottom picture, a single wire landing gear with covered plywood overlays,
ill probably change that to alum one. And like I said the motor mount is now a glued in wood one.
The decals were however all ready installed on the model not on a sheet. The instructions do show
Assembly and CG and I have taken the measurement off the motor mount for alignment. Today we
used 30 min Epoxy and then heated it to roll around the edges of the tank compartment, I’m also
epoxy painting all the wing area supports and adding A extra cross piece across the top front and
rear, to reinforce the wing holding points.probably not nessessary on a electric flyer but with the
OX .25 she should have plenty of power.