Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Small Nitro Brand Ultimate Bipe

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Small Nitro Brand Ultimate Bipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:27 PM
mrbsltz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Nitro Brand Ultimate Bipe

Does anyone have any experiences flying the Nitro Brand 40 size Ulitmate Biplanes? I believe they have about 41 inch wingspans. Will a Tower .46 engine pull it okay? Any info appreciated....
Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
gossamerthemonster

Default RE: Small Nitro Brand Ultimate Bipe

I just made the maiden voyage yesterday. I'm flying it with a OS 55AX, haven't done any 3-d yet (engine is still new and rich). I think any good performing 40+ engine should do fine. BTW my wingspan is 42" on the money, the instructions are absolutely worthless and who knows where the CG is supposed to be (I just went off an average of the two wing spars then went nose heavy just in case).
Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
jnj55024

I just built the red one a couple weeks ago and agree that the instructions are not very helpful. If you have built a couple ARF's before and know what you're doing it shouldn't be a problem to put together. I replaced all the hardware with Dubro stuff and had to bend my own interconnecting links for lower to upper ailerons. The ones they supplied were too long and the hardware seemed way too big for the bird so I used the smaller Dubro link ends and horns.

I love the plane, how it looks and how it flies. I don't have any experience with the Tower .46 but I powered with a OS .46 AX Max and it flies great. I have an 11x6 Master Airscrew prop on it. It seems to work fine for IMAC but lacks enough elevator wash to do any serious 3-D moves like a waterfall. It will hover but it takes a little more than 3/4 throttle to hold it and doesn't pull out of it fast at all. I am going to try a 10x7 prop to see if that helps it rev a little higher to give me some more pull out power.

I set the CG at around 120 MM from the leading edge of the top wing like the instructions say. It flies and lands great with this CG but I think it could go back another 1/4" or so to help with a hover.

I would go over all the joints you can get to with thin CA just to ensure they are all tight.

L8R
Old 09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: mrbsltz

Does anyone have any experiences flying the Nitro Brand 40 size Ulitmate Biplanes? I believe they have about 41 inch wingspans. Will a Tower .46 engine pull it okay? Any info appreciated....
I fly two of them with the T.H. .46 engine. One with the engine inverted, using the stock muffler sticking out the left hand side, the other with the engine on it's side using a Pitts style muffler.

Both run just great. I have over 200 flights on these planes.

While not a true 3D plane the T.H. pulls the plane around just fine.

There's a revew around here of it, with a .32 engine too, and the reviewer likes it with this less powerful engine.

120-130mm is a good range for the C.G.