Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

F/18 RTF Engine help

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

F/18 RTF Engine help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Montezumas_Viper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/18 RTF Engine help

I've been flying this plane for a while and after I changed the rotation to CCW just for fun I noticed a new nasty bearing noise. I'm wondering,

Where can I get bearings for this engine and also, where can I get a direct replacement engine if needed. Thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F/18 RTF Engine help

You can measure the diameter of the can, then substitute any of the same dimension.

If all you did was to reverse the connectors to change directions, this should not affect the bearing.

Spin the prop by hand. Do you feel any grinding or other artifacts?

If not, the motor has probably NOT been damaged.

However running the prop backward may have damaged it SLIGHTLY, causing it to become unbalanced or a blade may have rubbed and ground off a bit.

You should follow EDF engine break in proceedures again. This may fix or eliminate the noise you hear.