Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

p-47 Thunderbolt (foam electric)

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

p-47 Thunderbolt (foam electric)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
RYRAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: p-47 Thunderbolt (foam electric)

let us know how your flight goes, you said this is your first plane, good luck this is a hard plane to fly it's a hot rod, don't get discouraged, if you have trouble, i would suggest keeping the center of gravity a little bit forward of where recommended.. good luck tell us how it behaves..
Old 01-20-2009, 10:54 PM
RYRAM

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

new receiver sent. 27mhz.

John
Nitro Planes
thank you so much for the rx, the only thing is it doesn't have the crystal in it...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
nitrostaff1

what happened to your original crystal?

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: RYRAM

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

new receiver sent. 27mhz.

John
Nitro Planes
thank you so much for the rx, the only thing is it doesn't have the crystal in it...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Megafan625

It didnt go so well, got it about 5' feet off the ground and then crashed it. Bent the prop shaft in the process. I am going to take the advice of some of the people on this forum and hang this one up for now and get a trainer. Once I get comfortable with that I will fix this plane and give it a whirl again. Oh well, live and learn...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 AM
RYRAM

sorry to hear that about your flight . going with a trainer or something high winged sounds like a good idea.. the warbirds look awesome but they are tough to learn on. i try to always take something reliable to the field along with one of my warbirds..
Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
RYRAM

the prongs are all bent up, i can use it but i am afraid it might be damaged and cause a crash
Old 03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
RYRAM

mega, how did it go have you had any luck.. i am curious.. the p 47 was tyhe first plane i bought.. it has been almost a year and i finally got it to fly.. i spent two lipo batteries up on flying it today..pretty awesome..i had no luck with it for the longest time even bought another one after the first one had sustained fatal injuries.. eventually i moved on and tried some other planes..apparently i needed some trainer experience..the p 47 does not have the forgiving flight characteristics ..it is prone to stalling and tipping a wing you have to be careful not to pull up to quick on take off...anyway i have done some minor modification to the stock system. if your curious let me know i'll get into the changes that i made...good luck
Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM
RYRAM

Just bought my third p 47 from nitroplanes, this time however i was able to just get the airframe. that is super. I always end up going brushless anyway. I am going to use a 400 class motor probably low kv and a 2100 Thunder power pro lite if it will fit, with a 32 a esc.
40 dollars for the airframe is a good deal I think, totally excited to have this bird again, especially since my first two met fatal ends repeatedly.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 AM
NoviceMikeG

I have tried three times to get the plane to take off from ground. The last two attempts were on a calm evening. I had a large "smooth" parking lot - apparently there are different grades of smooth however. The plane taxied fine but showed no interest in lifting off. After going approximately 100 ft, I turned the plane around and taxied back to my self to make the second attempt. The one thing I noticed was that the lightweight landing gear pick up every minor imperfection in the surface. The tailwheel gear had worked loose from it. If anyone is getting this plane to lift off the ground, how would you rate the surface of your runway? Is is smooth finished concrete? Freshly paved asphalt? Approximately how many feet did it take to lift off? At this point, I am removing the main gear and going to attempt hand launching for my next attempt.

P.S. I have flown nito powered planes for years so I am not a newbie.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:03 PM
RYRAM

Are you flying the stock set up?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
NoviceMikeG

I was flying the stock set up and it was a dog. Seemed to only want to stay in the air for as far as I could toss it. I ended up emailing Maxford USA ( Hi MAxx motors ) asking for suggestions. They made 3 recommendations from reasonable to pricey. I went with reasonable, getting one of their Promax 370 ND3766 motors ( http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-10.html ). It definately seemed more powerful and smoother running. I pulled out the stock receiver and installed a Hitec four channel, that went to a reliable Focus Four I had. Saw a definate improvement in control surface response. Busted two props today trying to fly it. It climbs ( even thrown with a level launch ), stalls, rolls left and dives - at least with the Hitec and new motor it glided in better than just diving in. I also set the rudder and elevator trims with more right to see if it would compensate for the left roll. Made no difference. I am at a loss with this plane - it has a nice scale look too. . .
Old 01-24-2010, 12:37 AM
RYRAM

i use www.headsuprc.com to get my parts cheap and fasy shipped from the united states. go brushless with a lipo, this plane needs power to have any kind of a chance. for as doggy as it seems to be if it were to lift off you would have many things stacked against you. i use a 2100 lipo in mine all the way forward with a 32 amp esc, 2830 09 bl motor from heads up. i modified stock aileron location to individual aileron servos, now i encounter no binding. plane flies like a dream forever on this set up. i think these planes need a little down and right thrust. you can use the eflite EFLM1915 motor mount with a brushless and not lose the proper motor placement that you have with the geared set up. by the way the motor i use costs around 20 bucks with 2 dollar shipping. good luck.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM
NoviceMikeG

Thanks RyRam. I now have a new option.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
RYRAM

Good deal Mike. I'm on my third one of these and finally now that i have learned a few things and worked out some kinks it's like one of my old reliables. Good luck