Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

2 Complaints!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
flaminheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Complaints!

Complaint #1 : My wife ordered the .40 Ultimate during your Black Friday Sale. Her credit card was charged but now you are telling her that you can not ship the item until she sends you a copy of her credit card and drivers license. Total BS. We are not a couple of teenage punks stealing someones credit card, so we do not expect to be treated as so. This is not good business.

Complaint #2 : She tried to send you the info you requested but whoever sent her the email doesn't even have enough common sense to send her the correct fax number. Total BS.

Sorry if I sound pissed, but that's because I am. I find it very strange that when I have ordered items from other vendors none of them have ever requested a copy of the credit card and drivers license, but for some ungodly reason you want it.

Please let me explain to you how this works. I purchase an item, you charge my card and then you send me the item. It is as simple as that. You don't inconvenience the consumer with all of these extra requests. What if I were a consumer that did not have a fax machine in my house and had to drive somewhere that had one and then pay them to fax this info to you.

IT WAS A GREAT DEAL AT THE TIME BUT I AM STARTING TO FEEL THAT IT IS NOT WORTH THE AFTER SALE HASSLE!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Ram Jet

Default RE: 2 Complaints!

I would have cancelled the order immediately. I would be suspecious of an identity theft scam. I have used my credit card hundreds of times and no one has ever put me through this. You have a right to be pissed!

Bill
Old 12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
flaminheli

The only time I have had to fax the requested info is when I put a couple of employees in a hotel room out of town and they use my credit card number to pay for the room. The clerk calls and asks me to fax a copy of this info and then faxes me a reciept. I have never had to do this with a internet retailer or wholesaler. It is pure BS. I told my wife we should have just used Paypal. She has tried calling them but I guess they do not have normal business hours which by most standards is 8:00am til 5:00pm.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is highly suspicious. I would call the CC company and register a fraud alert just in case. Giving out a CC number AND a DL is just nuts!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Hmmm...I just ordered a Cessna 421c from Nitro on-line last week...no problem at all. Ordered, shipped same day, arrived 3 days later...excellent service..!!! Hell, just pay 2.5 times as much and order from Tower...

What we all need to realize, other than John on the Nitro Discussion group for support, probably none of the other folks there speak english or if so, very little. Hell they don't even speak english here where I live...WTH...???

Hope you get it worked out with them Bud...

"Chinese Prices...Chinese Service"
"You can have it Fast, you can have it Right, or you can have it Cheap....Pick any two of these three for your order sir"
Old 12-01-2008, 08:05 PM
flaminheli

Well, my wife finally got ahold of them today and they told her they would let her know in a couple of days if they approve the credit card charge or not. ***? You have already charged the card, now send the *****. Thats alright, after this you will never have to worry about me purchasing anything from you again, even if you do "approve the charge", *****, you could send it free of charge and I still would never purchase from you again. I have been buying planes and such from Tower for years and other companies over the last couple of years and have never had a hassle like this. And to think that I was the first one to thank you for offering a Black Friday Sale on everyones requested planes, I take it back. Your [sm=thumbs_up.gif] turned into a [sm=thumbs_down.gif] FNP!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Jeez flaminheli..., let's not beat around the bush, tell me how you really feel...???

Keep yur' pantyhose on man...I have had ZERO problems with Nitro. Perhaps there is a credit alert out on your card or something...remember these two rules;

Rule #1- "Don't sweat the small stuff"

Rule #2- "It's all small stuff"

Hang in there man....
Old 12-02-2008, 10:54 AM
flaminheli

I got some sleep last night so I am not as PO'ed. I don't know man, I have not ever been known to give second chances to anyone. But I will see how this turns out. Heck I might still be PO'ed if they don't approve the charge that they have already charged. I will just have to shop elsewhere alond with the 6 people that I spoke to yesterday that have purchased from them in the past. You know how that goes, a friend tells a friend that tells a friend and before you know it you have lost a 100 or so customers. It is thier turn at bat now, I am just waiting to see if they are going to strike out or hit a home run. Well, it is to late for them to hit a homer, maybe just a double.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you make several purchases on Black Friday from various retailers? That may have caused your CC company to flag your card.

I have sometimes made like four purchases in one day on my CC and then I will get a phone call (automated robot) to verify and approve the charges. That is because I set the default limit on my card to three purchases a day (in case someone steals the CC and goes on a spree!) and that is a reason a retailer may get an alert on a card.

Still, I have never had a retailer ask me to fax my CC and DL. I would still sqwak about that!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
yetti831

I can share your frustrations, though my issues aren't 'as bad. Ordered an F-35 Sat night. Says will ship in 1-2 business days. Okay, reasonable. Asked one person on Live chat today if it was going to ship today. She said YES. I question her response because I paid with PayPal and the payment is still pending on their side. So, I decided to talk to another person. This time a different person says within 1-2 business days from Today, Tuesday. So, it's going to maybe take 4 business days to ship my order? I was hoping to fly this weekend, but at this point I'm not very optimistic. 4 days to ship an item is excessive. But , I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry to hear about your CC troubles. That's true BS right there, and it sounds downright fraudulent. GOOD LUCK
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
flaminheli

I just got off of live chat for the third time with someone calling themselve Mary "probably Mary Audabi" who knows. Anyway, she said "The item will be shipped ASAP and we will send you a tracking number". We will see. Atleast they have the Live Chat. Because Lord knows they never answer the phone there. It is probably a good thing because you probably could not understand them if they did answer it.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:44 PM
yetti831

I just got off live chat with Mary, too, and she said the same exact thing. Well, they failed to ship my order within two business days. Tomorrow will be the third.

This place must be making a killing. You'd think they would hire a competent customer support staff. They seem to be very poorly managed. Now, Tower Hobbies is the paradigm of an excellent hobby shop. Always impeccable. Ordered some stuff there the same day that I ordered some stuff from Nitro, and it's already been sent out. Than again, they've been around for a long time. I'm willing to cut this place some slack, because you can't beat their prices, but it seems that not only do you get what you pay for with most products (which, for experienced modelers, is no problem, since with just a few mods and improvements you generally get great flying planes), but the price also includes below average customer service. I guess this is to be expected. Anyway, I'm not bashing the place, but they probably won't be getting any more business from me unless I absolutely love the product I receive. Thankfully I've received some setup tips from a great guy on these forums to ensure a successful maiden. I hope to make a video of the setup and maiden of the F-35 I ordered. Should be fun!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
flaminheli

My wife has faxed the requested infor 3 times because they keep saying that they can not read the cards when the pic comes thru on the fax and e-mailed it once. Lets see what they come up with next. [sm=punching.gif]
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
yetti831

Jesus.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
flaminheli

I told her if they respond with another problem, to just cancel the order and we will purchase our son a plane from elsewhere. There is a seller on the Bay that sells them and has plenty in stock plus a good feedback history, so I might get him one of those They are $139.00 which includes shipping. So it is about the same as NP regular price plus thier shipping charge. They also have the 69" Yak 54 that NP is out of. Plus they have a good feedback history.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
nitrostaff1

In a customer's point of view yes they don't have to fax in the documents if they don't feel secured and I can understand this but we need to protect ourselves from this deal too.

This customer used an international credit card and is shipping to an USA address and this will raise a red flag on our system because this is unusal. Most online credit card fraud follows this pattern so that why we need the support documents.

NP doesn't require customer to do this but if they want us to ship out the order this is what we need otherwise we have to cancel the order.

Anyways, your order just approved by the billing depart and your tracking is UPS 1ZX03V030399168686

Thank you for being patient with us.

John
Nitro Planes

Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
flaminheli

Well,, Nitroplanes1 responded to my PM telling me that the card through up a red flag because it is an international issued card and I am trying to have the item sent to a US address. I did not know it but I guess Wells Fargo is an international bank. LOL
Anyway, I spoke to them on the phone and they said everything checked out ok and the item will be shipped tonight or in the morning. They will send a conformation and tracking number.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 PM
flaminheli

Thanks John. BTW: When do you expect a stock of the 50cc Ultimate?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
nitrostaff1

should be mid january 09

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: flaminheli

Thanks John. BTW: When do you expect a stock of the 50cc Ultimate?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 AM
aircraftking

Umm... you guys do know that nitroplanes accepts paypal right? That is the best way to buy anything online from anywhere.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 AM
yetti831

Yeah, I used paypal. I use it with Tower Hobbies, too. Never had a problem. Not once.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 AM
flaminheli

I have always used Paypal with anyone that accepts it, but fior some reason I did not on this purchase. Now I find out that my wife's card that says
Wells Fargo U.S.A. Inc. on the back is actually an international card. Yeah right.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
flaminheli

Got the Ultimate today, in perfect shape. Thank You John.