Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Bad Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
rawvette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Transmitter

I purchased an F-4E last month and today was the first time I've been able to take it out until today. I found a guy that flyes these types of planes. We did a range test out to about 100 feet. Everything looked good. We took off and the plane didn't get 200 feet before it flew out of range and crashed. My understanding was that the range was about 1000 feet. I called Nitroplanes and they wouldn't do anything to help me. They wouldn't even replace the transmitter/receiver for one that works.

I'm stumped as to what I should do. I have ordered parts to fix the plane, but with a bad transmitter/receiver I can't fly my plane. The guy on the phone said they don't have problems with there transmitters/receivers.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Are there better transmitter/receivers to buy.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Roger
Old 03-20-2009, 04:30 PM
opjose

Default RE: Bad Transmitter

I have several of these EDF's and I recommend you do the following.

- Remove and re-insert the crystals on both the TX and RX.
- Tape down the RX crystal.

- Use a different transmitter. The 72mhz units provided do not have Expo, something you want with these EDF's.

I purchased a Polk Tracker III specifically to use with the Nitrplanes EDF's. It can handle 99 different planes, and retains the settings, trims, etc. for all.
It has no crystal, but can transmit on any 72mhz frequency/channel, and use any shift pattern, ( e.g. JR, Airtronics, Futaba ). Since the RX is Futaba shift compatible this TX worked with my Nitroplane EDF's out of the box.

Expo and mixing is a must with these EDF's, and this type of radio provides for that.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Ram Jet

ORIGINAL: opjose

I have several of these EDF's and I recommend you do the following.

- Remove and re-insert the crystals on both the TX and RX.
- Tape down the RX crystal.

- Use a different transmitter. The 72mhz units provided do not have Expo, something you want with these EDF's.

I purchased a Polk Tracker III specifically to use with the Nitrplanes EDF's. It can handle 99 different planes, and retains the settings, trims, etc. for all.
It has no crystal, but can transmit on any 72mhz frequency/channel, and use any shift pattern, ( e.g. JR, Airtronics, Futaba ). Since the RX is Futaba shift compatible this TX worked with my Nitroplane EDF's out of the box.

Expo and mixing is a must with these EDF's, and this type of radio provides for that.

I know two things about electricity. That you have to pay the bill and it will knock you on your ass.

Bill
Old 03-21-2009, 07:32 AM
kid chuckles

Are you suggesting that the raido's Nitro sends to fly these planes with is junk? I have never had to do this with any plane. Buy a new radio just to be able to fly the plane when it comes with one. Now how do you defend that?