Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

No Rudder???

Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Firebird XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Rudder???

Forgive me if I'm mistaken...but most of the EDF jets sold on nitroplanes.com are 4 Channel, and they all state that the channels are for Throttle, Elevator, Aileron, and Rudder. If that is the case, then why do none of the planes (Except for a couple ive seen) why do these planes advertise to have rudder control? There are clearly no servos hooked up to the rudder, and I've seen from the videos that the rudder is immobile. I know youre probably gonna say "well the rudder channel is hooked up to the steerable nose landing gear" well that may be true but then why say there is rudder control?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: No Rudder???

Let me think a minute. If the rudder is controled by the steerable nose wheel? Then doesn't THAT mean the rudder is controled or am I missing something. I know, let's say, the steerable nose wheel is controled by the rudder !!! Oh, wait that's the same thing,- isn't it????" Do you think ,maybe you're nit-picking on words!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
kid chuckles

He did not say the rudder worked Outdoor just that the nose wheel hooks up to the rudder control on the reciever. So when you would be using the rudder instead all your doing is turning the nose wheel. That is what i get out of it. What your trying tp say is the rudder controls the nose wheel and it does not the reciever controls it the rudder stays where it is at all times. What part of immobale don't you understand. It just misleads people into thinking the rudder actually is functional when it is not. Typical Nitro advertising.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 AM
outdoorhunting

KC Where have you been? On vacation? It sure has been nice & quiet around here. You read what you read & I'll read what I read in it. I imagine you about "wet your pants" when you seen a chance to blast Nitro. Believe me, we are all sooo tired of your bashing Nitro for something that happened 2 yrs ago. Give it a break!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:53 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Firebird XL

Forgive me if I'm mistaken...but most of the EDF jets sold on nitroplanes.com are 4 Channel, and they all state that the channels are for Throttle, Elevator, Aileron, and Rudder. If that is the case, then why do none of the planes (Except for a couple ive seen) why do these planes advertise to have rudder control? There are clearly no servos hooked up to the rudder, and I've seen from the videos that the rudder is immobile. I know youre probably gonna say "well the rudder channel is hooked up to the steerable nose landing gear" well that may be true but then why say there is rudder control?
These are small EDF Jets.

Adding an additional rudder linkage is a bit problematic, and normally not necessary, as you'll rarely be using actual tail plane rudder controls anyway.

The Rudder channel controls the nose wheel, something that is important at takeoff.

If you are worried about a crosswind, you should not really fly the jet at all, as the wind is probably too much for these planes. They really should be flown in under 6mph winds.

Of course if you are bit skillful, you could hook up your own tail linkage, but it simply is not worth the effort.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
kid chuckles

Well what i read into it Outdoor was correct. But no matter if I put it then OP delets it anyway weather I am right or not. You put your two cents in but my two cents even though correct is deleted.Yours is wrong and lets see seems to me your trying to make fun of Firebird pretty strongly. You are off topic when you replied to my comment but hey your post is still here.

Firebird by reading has just seen the advertising and then seen some of the planes. No where does he state he owns one . He was just stating what the advertising says and what he knows to be truth and they don't match. And even though this doesn't bash anyone for anything Op will more than likely delete it.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:44 PM
nitrostaff1

most of the EDF jets doesn't have rudder control but the rudder control is attached to the steering of the front wheel so the plane can steer.

John
Nitro Planes