Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Problems with New 2.4GHz F-4E Jolly Roger Phantom EDF Brushless RC Jet

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Problems with New 2.4GHz F-4E Jolly Roger Phantom EDF Brushless RC Jet

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
removebeforeflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with New 2.4GHz F-4E Jolly Roger Phantom EDF Brushless RC Jet

I received the New 2.4GHz F-4E Jolly Roger Phantom EDF Brushless RC Jet on Friday. Iassembled it yesterday, plugged in the battery tested the controls with no problems. Disconnected the battery, took a break for lunch and when Ireturned to make the maiden flight the ducted fan no longer functions. All other controls are working properly. I have tried my other battery, checked connections andre-binded the transmitter with receiverwithout luck. Is there something else Ineed to check? Or is the ESC or ducted fan motor defective?

Order #: 580755

Thanks
Derek

Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Vasy

Default RE: Problems with New 2.4GHz F-4E Jolly Roger Phantom EDF Brushless RC Jet

Check that your throttle stick is in the off position.
If that does not help, put it at full, plug the batery in and wait for a "beep" "beep" from the motor then move it to off.
If you don't get any beeps check that you have good connection between esc and motor.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
removebeforeflight

Default RE: Problems with New 2.4GHz F-4E Jolly Roger Phantom EDF Brushless RC Jet

Thanks for the input Vasy.  I tried all of your suggestions without any luck.  I am not getting the beeps when I plug in the battery, all connections look good.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
nitrostaff1

can you make sure the fan blade is not catch with the outer shroud? If your fan blades are obstructed the motor may not work.

John
Nitro Planes