Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

FALCON 120 QUESTIONS!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

FALCON 120 QUESTIONS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:40 PM
seaknight1962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FALCON 120 QUESTIONS!!!!

Hello all I have a couple of questions regarding a Nitro Models Falcon 120;

1. I would like to know if there is a better manual for this type of ARF, somehow there is a lot lost in translation and the graphics are not the best.

2. What are some suggestions to the routing of servo leads, i.e lenght and quantity.

3. Retracts... What type and where to buy them.

4. Any advice before I put this thing together will be greatly appreciated, all input is welcomed.

5. I am a retired Marine and dirt poor, so what would be a good non turbine power plant?

If I am missing anything please let me know. Your cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Juan C. Andrade
Milton, Florida
Old 07-24-2009, 09:41 PM
opjose

Default RE: FALCON 120 QUESTIONS!!!!

Let's see if I can help here...

1. No there is not a better manual. However there is a GREAT Bobcat 50 thread here that addresses building the Bobcat, and there are many tips there for the Falcon 1.20 as well. There is also a separate Falcon 1.20 thread worth looking at.

2. The servo leads can be rather long. There are specially made leads for giant scale planes that feature thicker wires, RF interference coils and amps.
I picked a handful of these up at the Toledo show, but I'm sure that you can find them on the net. You'll need at least 2-4 of these for the tail.

3. This is a heavier plane than stated once built. On any plane with retracts you are always advised to step up to retracts made for the next larger size.
Look for retracts that are suitable for a 1.40 to 1.60 size plane, preferably with a shock absorbing mechanism.

Regular retracts without shock absorption, can easily be ripped out by the lateral lever moment of the plane in a rough landing or when moving quickly and transitioning from say Asphalt to grass. The sudden impediment to forward motion tends to either bend the gear or rip them out at the mounting blocks.

Re-inforce and improve the mounting blocks when possible, and check out the Falcon 1.20 "Turbine" thread.

Be advised that the gear are going to cost as much as the airframe!

4. You can fly the plane with a good 2 cycle 1.20 glow engine or larger. Some people use the O.S. 1.60 to give this plane a lot of power.

You would need a big four stroker to match the H.P. output of one of those engines, so that might be problematic.

Check out this thread:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4588799/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]Bobcat 50 Thread.[/link]

And this thread:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5913492/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]Falcon 1.20 thread.[/link]
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 PM
seaknight1962

Jose thanks for your prompt reply; I will read the mentioned threads when I get home from work.

Juan
Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
A4Driver45
My Feedback: (7)

Hay guys, I'm sure some where on one of the many pages of info, someone has asked about the small carbon rods that goes in the wing tips, or someplace can you please email me with the location for the small rods and how they are placed, I'm sure I could read each page and find the info but I just don't have the time WORK !!! is taking all of my building time.
Thank for any help you can give me. Pictures would be great
R. Kranz, [email protected]