Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Airfield F-15 ESC+Battery Problem

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Airfield F-15 ESC+Battery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:45 PM
F-22Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfield F-15 ESC+Battery Problem

I orderd the Airfield F-15 from Nitroplanes along with a Lipo Battery from a options drop-down on the F-15's page. Everything arrives in the mail the next week, but the battery's "banana" connectors don't fit the ESC's connector. This is very dissapointing. I also ordered the Hawk Sky RTF, which also has this same style but different size connector, which fit together perfectly. I tried plugging in the Hawk Sky's battery but it does not fit either.
I left a message with their customer service:
"Blue Lipo Battery connectors do not fit ESC of aircraft it was ordered for from the same page.
Airfield F-15 I ordered has add battery option. I selected the one battery available and it does not fit the ESC"
This e-mail is regarding NitroPlane order number yhst-17210252890263-126236
(their official reply)
"Connectors need to be soldered on.

Best Regards,
NitroPlane"
The connectors are soldered on! Maybe someone should have checked for compatibility of products offered before adding a drop-down!
Also in the spare parts for this plane there is a battery available for $25. Could someone physically verify that this battery will fit the ESC and I will consider a trade. I'll even pay for shipping back to you. Or you can tell me to screw off again and I will get new connectors. You are hurting your own business when this kind of thing happens. I've done business with you guys many times and this is the first problem I've encountered. I usually drop the Nitroplanes name when people ask me about my planes, but maybe I shouldn't anymore. It's up to you.
Greg
Old 05-19-2010, 11:35 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airfield F-15 ESC+Battery Problem

Actually, the easiest thing to do is to make a set of adaptors to use second party packs like that.

One adapter can then serve multiple planes.

Pretty standard fare in RC... and a skill that is a good idea to pick up as you'll run into this all the time with any and all manufacturers.

This can catch newbies by surprise.