Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

how do I install this rear landing gear?

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

how do I install this rear landing gear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:48 PM
prodago
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I install this rear landing gear?

Hey guys,
I have this plane and the directions were really bad. I'm new to building and do my best to rebuild after crashing. I had a guy build this plane and he used another landing wheel that I feel is weaker. This is the one that came with the plane and is much beefier, however I have an idea,....but not conclusive way to install this piece. It looks like the top steel piece goes up into the rudder. Any suggestions as to how to install?? thanks

[link]http://www.nitroplanes.com/ex3309063arf.html[/link]
sorry but somehow I uploaded the image 3 times!!!! see what you're dealing with
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53874.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1468433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97938.jpg
Views:	9
ID:	1468434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87726.jpg
Views:	10
ID:	1468435  
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
opjose

Default RE: how do I install this rear landing gear?

Normally with this type of gear you cut a "V" shaped groove for the vertical wire.

Before the top of the wire you put in a 1" "L" bend and a corresponding hole into the rudder's control surface.

However you have that black horizontal "lever" on the one you are displaying.

When those are present the "lever" or "tiller", is used to turn the wheel.

The gear gets put into place, the rudder control surface is affixed and then a wide head screw is used to retain the tiller.

You do NOT turn the screw in until it is tight. It is supposed to be VERY loose, so that the black tiller can move freely.

Also the screws used do not have threads all of the way up to the head, to avoid wearing the tiller.

Check out my photo gallery for a simple $2.00 tail wheel assembly you can purchase ( complete with aluminum hubbed tail wheel ), that can also be easily installed on planes ranging in size from .32 through 26cc.

The photo makes things obvious.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:28 PM
prodago
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: how do I install this rear landing gear?

I sort of get what you're saying. It's the "gear" part of your explaination that I don't have. Nothing "locks" anything into place. The wheel just freespins unless that rod is attached to the rudder. When you say cut a 'v' out. Where and one what part. I'm visualizing the 1" bend going into the rudder pointing rearward. This would mean that the rod would go up along the hinge line? wouldn't the hinges get in the way??Sorry for my stupidity...