Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 140 RX Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts
Default OS 140 RX Bearing

Hi,

I had a little mishap with one of my 2 meter pattern.....anyway that led me to disassemble the engine but to my surprise the crank just sort of fell out......I taught no problem I do have a spare set of bearing (OS one)...but to my surprise I can slide the new bearings (both) into the crank without any effort....now the engine have only have about 40 flights on these....they are usually good for about 100+ flights.

Out of my three 140 this the first time I notice that....also this is my newest engine, purchase spring 2002 new. The bearing look in pretty good shape...just the slip thing I'm not sure I like, since it could indicate the crank turning within the bearing, but at this time there is no mark on the crank that indicate that.

Hyde Mount
OS Plug #8 / A5
3M Head Dual plug
1 Additional shim
25% Cool Power
Fuel filter
OS header
ES pipe
17x12 Carbon prop Mej

Thank you
Old 08-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the bearings are a smooth fit on the crankshaft, but there's still enough resistance that they won't fall off the crank by gravity, there should be no problems. We've seen a lot of engines with a very smooth fit. As long as there's no wobble of the inner race on the crank, there's no problem. A bearing doesn't have to be such a tight fit on the crank that you have to drive it on.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Thank you I learn something everyday...