Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Did os ever come with Perry carbs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 11:28 AM
turbine guy
My Feedback: (266)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did os ever come with Perry carbs?

Hello
I have an OS 61SF with a Perry carb - was bench ran and put away with after run years ago

This was one of my dad's motors ,it either came on it originally or he took it off for another motor .
I thought he put the Perry on it,but one of our senior club members ( who knows everything )told me that years ago ,OS had copied the Perry carb and was selling them on their motors. Perry sued for corpyright infringement ,won ,and then OS had to put real Perry's on the motors they were selling in the states.
Makes sense,but I can't find anything about that story searching the web.
So, I really don't know why it's got this carb on it!

Jake
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2007685  

Last edited by turbine guy; 06-22-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 06-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

O.S. engines never did come with Perry carburetors, they were after-market additions. We've looked through some of the oldest parts and engine books we have, with information going back into the early 1970's, but no engines with a Perry carburetor.

The O.S. Max .61 SF engine most certainly did not come with a Perry carburetor. That is most definitely an aftermarket addition.