Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Os 46vd-p

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 04:52 PM
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os 46vd-p

I recently purchased this engine in like new condition. The only problem there was no manual with it and I seem to have more questions than answers. First of of all, the needle valve enters the carb off the left rear into a small block. The normal entry needle spot had a small plate over it with a small 3/16" pin (?) coming out of the center of the plate with a notch directly above it with small screw. I also have a nipple coming out of the rear back plate. The nipple is not directly in the plate but rather in small round protrubance about 1/2" by 1/4". Also got a seperate pump I be;ieve. Its black plastic about 11/2" long by 5/8". One end is a standard square cut (90 degrees) with the opposite cut about a 45 degree angle. It has two small tubes off the 45 end, one off the front. One is angled back towards the center and one pointing out at about a 10 angle (upwards). Both have markings, the one angled back towards the center has OUT and the one pointing out at about 10 degrees has IN. The one on the back opposite the 10 degree tube has no printing. On the front, it is marked O S "made in japan". It also has a small sqaure with PD-0? the question mark could be either a 3 or a 5 or something else. Anybody got any info
Old 11-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you sure it's a "VD-P"? That doesn't sound like one of the engines O.S. produced. How about a .46 VF-P? Check the number that's on the carburetor. Also, please send us a picture of the engine. Perhaps we can get a good I.D. on it and get you a link to the manual.