Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS Max 25 sf engine

Old 10-13-2017, 07:57 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OS Max 25 sf engine

Hi I have an OS Max 25 that I purchased in 1995 and i have some problems lately with it. One thing is that it kicks really hard and I have broken 6 plastic spinners at the pins trying to start it. I had a heck of time getting it run and then I reset the low speed needle and high speed needle and I got it to run. I had an issue with my fuel tank that was flooding the engine and I solved that issue and was able to get it run in my airplane. My fuel is omega 10% nitro and I have ran this fuel in it for years. I thought that I had a bearing issue but it turns out it was a couple of lose backplates screws. Can you give me any suggestions of what is going on with this engine
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Old 10-22-2017, 06:25 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybody out there in cyber land Know if the paper gaskets for the FX 25 will fit the SF engine. I would just like to have a set around I check my current ones and they are ok thanks Michael