Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .91 Surpass Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 04:03 PM
BingoFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .91 Surpass Problem

I have an OS 91 Surpass that has me and the rest of my club stumped, and need help. This engine has provided me with much pleasure and is a real powerhouse the trouble started after being in the same plane for several years so is not a tank position problem.

Durring the flight it goes rich and takes a couple of click of the needle valve to get it to run right. This is happening on every flight and I originally thought the needle valvle was backing out making the engine go rich. This was not the case the engine just goes rich and I have adjusted the valve in so many times that it is only about 1/4 turn from being fully in.

I have taken the carb. apart for cleaning, adjusted the valves changed plugs, changed fuel and every thing that might have caused this problem with no effect.

The engine, before going rich, is still very strong has good compression and starts easy (one flip) but has had many gal. of fuel run though it.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:35 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .91 Surpass Problem

Bingo, Sure sounds like a failed "seat" or o-ring to me. Assuming you've tried that as well i'd have to ask you to send her in and let the boys see what they can find.

Please visit http://www.hobbyservices.com/ for a service worksheet and information to ease the process of sending your items for service.

/