Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .50 SX - Won't die?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 06:18 PM
HighRPM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .50 SX - Won't die?

It seems this engine changes everytime I take it out. Break-in seem to take forever (50 flights now) but this weekend this thing really came alive. At full it was screaming with a nice fuel trial following it and temperture was normal but now the darn thing won't die. The carburator is closed completely and is tight, all head bolts and needle valves are tight as well.

Any ideas? If I do fix it I hope it still runs as good as it did this weekend.

Thanks,

Hope this is not one of those "it was running better than ever then......."

Old 05-20-2002, 07:33 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .50 SX - Won't die?

Craig,
Is the needle seated properly? or is it sucking air around the needle? R u sure the carb is fully and properly seated and hasnt lost an oring or anything?

There should only be one o-ring on the carb body. The o-ring for the 50-SX is different than the o-ring for the 46-FX although they use the same carb (some folks assume they are the same).
The o-ring for the 50-SX has a slightly larger diameter and is a little thinner. The o-ring should fit into a groove formed by the brass insert and the case. The best way to insert the carb assembly is to place the brass insert about half way into the case, put the o-ring around the brass insert and press the carb down tight against the case. There will be a gap between
the base of the carb and the case, but the gap should be very small, a few thousands of an inch and you should only be able to see the black o-ring. In case you need one, the proper
part number for the o-ring is OSMG6228.