Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

12 TR (P) T max allowable Temp

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:34 PM
satriau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 TR (P) T max allowable Temp

Hi !! I'd like to maximize my 12 TR (P) T engine tunes, what would be the max safe running temperature for it ? Which engine run fast and has long life time as well.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12 TR (P) T max allowable Temp

We don't rely on engine temperatures to set our engines. Overreliance on engine temps will lead to a short engine life. The temp will change from day-to-day, from fuel-to-fuel, and so on. See our FAQ:

http://www.osengines.com/faq/product-faq.html#q14
Old 04-12-2004, 07:42 PM
satriau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you about the setting parameter, it'll depends on many things. But I understand that engine component material fracture will only depend on stress along them and temperature during services.

Then what'll be the good temperature for the component to be operated on ? To lengthen the life time span.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your engine will quit running long before you stress the materials. When a model car engine's overheated, you lose compression first, due to the expansion of the cylinder liner. Too-lean running will seize the connecting rod to the crankshaft from oil starvation before it happens from just too-hot running.

Just make sure the engine's running rich of peak RPM with a good fuel and you'll be OK. Please realize that O.S. recommends that a fuel with NO LESS than 18% oil content be used. R/C car racers have used fuels as low as 10%, with 12%-14% being more common. Low-oil fuels will stress the engine as much or more than anything else.