Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS Drive washer puller

Old 07-31-2002, 11:54 AM
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OS Drive washer puller

I have OS46FX and OS61FX engines and would like to know if the OS Drive Washer Puller can be used for these engines ? The info I got from Tower Hobbies website says that it is used for SF engines. Why can't they be used for my FX engines ? Thanks for the inputs..............
Old 08-07-2002, 02:31 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

rajul,

The drive washer puller was used on some of the "SF' and 'FSR' series of engines because the drive washer was held onto the engine by a tapered locking cone. Other engines, such as the .61 SF/RF engines used a Woodruff key to connect the drive washer and crank. The 'FX' series of engines use a flat on the crankshaft and inside the hole in the drive washer to lock them together. A puller is not needed on those engines.

Your 'FX' series engine doesn't need the puller. The drive washer usually comes off by hand once the prop's been removed, but sometimes a light tap on the end of the crank is needed to jar it loose.

We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.)

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,

Bill Baxter, Manager
Hobby Services
1610 Interstate Dr.
Champaign, IL 61822
USA

Phone: 217 398-0007
Fax: 217 398-7721
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.bestrc.com
Old 08-07-2002, 02:44 PM
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Bill. Was about to order one but noticed that my drive washers don't have a groove to fit the puller jaw. So I got that one figured out.....................