Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

.91 Surpass & flex pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 05:54 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default .91 Surpass & flex pipe

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXE97&P=0 Is this pipe to be used as a muffler? Am looking to conceal it in the cowl. I take it the engine can be run w/o a muffler pressure nipple since theres not one? Would it work in conjunction with the appropriate OS manifold if needed. Looking to run it down against the firewall out the bottom.

Thanks, Dan
Old 05-28-2005, 08:38 PM
MinotRich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .91 Surpass & flex pipe

This flexpipe is to be used in place of the stock manifold pipe between the engine and the muffler. It's used to route the exhaust around and out of the cowl, instead of cutting a large hole in the cowl for an unsightly muffler. It has threads at both ends, one end to screw into the head, one end to thread into the muffler. I don't think these were meant to replace a muffler, although I'm not sure a four stroke engine really requires a muffler. But, as you said, if you ran this flexpipe exclusively, you'd have no way to pressurize your fuel tank. If you get one and do try running it without the muffler, please post your results here, as I have always been curious about running a 4 stroke unmuffled. Rich
Old 05-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can run the flex pipe without a muffler, but you'll have more noise and no pressure to the tank. Muffler pressure isn't needed but does help fuel flow a lot. You can mount the regular muffler body on the flex pipe, but you'll have to hard-mount the muffler so that it's not supported by the flex pipe. If it's not hard mounted, the flex pipe will break.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:33 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Bill.