Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os engine burning plugs

Old 06-12-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os engine burning plugs

Hello, everyone,,I have an OS 21rg with a big problem: its a plugaholic, I have tried the os5 os 8 mccoy m8, and no matter what I do the plugs keep burning at the rate of one or two per tank. whether It is too lean or rich it does not maitain a long time as it should, also there is only one shim in the engine. i use it in a ofna buggy and I think i am getting way too much compression because the car will go over 50 MPH !! no matter what I do.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

thank you for your time and help
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: os engine burning plugs

If the engine's overcompressed for the fuel and exhaust system you're using, then it will tend to 'eat' plugs. You can add another head gasket to reduce compression, go to a colder fuel (lower nitro), or change the exhaust system. Dirt in R/C cars, especially off-road cars/trucks/buggies, will also encourage glow plug consumption.