Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os 120 pumped wont pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 07:11 PM
whov
My Feedback: (161)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os 120 pumped wont pump

I have had this motor for a while waiting on the right plane to use it on and I found one. Now I have tried to start it for the first time and it wont pump. I have all the lines hooked up right it just wont draw fuel. I can put fuel in the carb and it will start but will shut off because of lack of fuel. Any ideas? is there a special way to prime it? Please someone help I must fly.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: os 120 pumped wont pump

If the engine was run previously and then allowed to sit, it may have some congealed fuel residue in it. Try pressurizing the fuel tank to force some fuel into the pump. Once some fuel gets going through it, it should loosen up. If you can get the engine to sustain full-throttle running, it may take several tanks' worth of running until the pump and regulator "come in". However, if the pump is totally "shot", there may be difficulties. Pump units for the FS-120 Surpass and FS-120 Surpass II have been discontinued by O.S. because they've both been out of production for so long.