Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS FS-91, bearing replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 AM
SolarWinds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS-91, bearing replacement.

Dear all,
My OS FS91 developed a very common problem. After hearing various noises from inside I dismantled it! The main bearing was destroyed and needs replacement. [sm=drowning.gif]
I have found this bearing from local market (SKF, KOYO). I am afraid to use them since I have be told that I need to use ceramic bearings!
It is true? Is it worth the trouble?[sm=confused.gif]

Thanks
Yannis Solaris
Greece
Old 10-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS FS-91, bearing replacement.

We are the O.S. service center in North America. We only use stock O.S. replacement parts in our repairs. We have no comment on any other types of parts. Sorry we can't be much help in this.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
bearing_man

Hi Yannis,

Try the #ENK-032C $ 77 or the #ENK-032 $ 17 plus shipping from Boca Bearings
Old 11-09-2005, 10:37 PM
ozspit

I am attempting to replace the bearings in my OS FS91 SII. Unfortunately, the crankshaft didn't just slide out! [:@]I had to heat the crankcase to get the cylinder sleeve out and the drive washer/woodruff key off and successfully dismantled everything else but the crankshaft wouldn't come out of the bearings. [] Should I cool it to remove the crankshaft first? How much of a "Tap" can I give it? Should I perhaps use some Penetrene or WD40 to help loosen Any advice? I know I have to heat the crankcase to get the bearings out and back in but I can't quite get to that stage. There was some nasty looking metallic flakes in the crankcase, which may be causing the jam. I am hoping I have not damaged the crank case itself. Also I have some power steering fluid which I was planning to use as assembly oil instead of auto transmission fluid (as per OS site advice). Do you think this would be ok?