Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Trying to find a rear bearing for 46fx...ARRRGH!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 03:19 PM
airwethead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find a rear bearing for 46fx...ARRRGH!!

Apparently, there is no way to get a replacement bearing for my 46 fx without jumping through several hoops. I tried my LHS, they
"sometimes" stock the bearing, but don't have it now, and didn't seem very eager to order me one, and they have no intentions of ever getting a piston/sleeve in stock. No problem, I will just order one online...nope! Tower has the piston/sleeve (for half what a whole new engine would cost!!!), but no bearing. Tried the OS website, which re-directs to hobby services. They "will NOT sell parts the public" and I am encouraged to go to my local hobby shop blah blah ....ARRRGH!!!

Since when is my $110.00 engine disposable?
Don't get me wrong, I like my local hobby shop, I go there to get rid of all my extra money, and sometimes just to lust, but they aren't the most helpful people (young R/C car kids), and I think it would be much easier if I could just order what I need from someplace online. such as OS or hobby services.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:28 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Airwet,
Please understand that we are strictly a service facility. If we sold it to you we would have to do so at full retail, which would be noticably more than Tower offers. We DO provide you an online option -- Tower -- in our automated response.

Tower IS an option to order it online, and if you place the order for the parts, if there aren't already parts on order, your order will trigger an order placement to Japan.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:30 PM
rwh

EDITED BY MODERATOR. PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS AN 'ASK THE MANUFACTURERS' FORUM AND, AS SUCH, ANSWERS ARE PROVIDED ONLY BY THE MANUFACTURER.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:59 PM
airwethead

Default Thank You

rwh,

That boca bearings is the trick!

Ann Marie,

Thank you for your response as well. I will have to take your word that eventually I would have been redirected to somewhere that I could buy engine parts, but your web page (www.hobbyservices.com) has these options: Request form, send product, and Contact us. As far as Tower goes, I conducted several searches, and like I said in my earlier post, I found everything BUT bearings.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:37 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Airhead, lets try this....assuming you don't have your manual and don't already have the part # in hand....

go to www.osengines.com. pull up 46 fx. pull up parts listing. find bearing, OSMG3096 26730005 Bearing - Rear 40-50.

visit www.towerhobbies.com. search for osmg3096.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0+&FVPROFIL=++

or try this...
go straight to www.towerhobbies.com
search for 46 fx
select the engine
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBY45&P=7
choose parts
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...pgm?I=OSMG0546
now search the page (click edit up top, find, type bearing)
and find your rear bearing, in stock, as well as all other parts.

I guess i'm at a bit of a loss as to where you indicate that the OS site tells you to go to hobby services, as hobby services DOES NOT sell regular stocked parts on any level at any time except as part of service of your engine. However, if you used the frequently asked questions/contact us and sent us an email asking how to purchase parts, our automated system would answer you in about 2 minutes referring you to how to find a local dealer or to www.towerhobbies.com as an option.

Please understand, not trying to be argumentative at all, just hoping to provide you helpful info to make your experience less frustrating next time.