Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Carb sticking at about 1/2 throttle

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
whitediesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb sticking at about 1/2 throttle

I put a Speed Tuned .21 VZ-B V-Spec in my Jammin X1 CR FTE. The engine was broken in using the method I read here from Bax, throttle on..then coast, throttle on..then coast etc. I did this for about 10 tanks going back and fourth on my street for a couple of days. I was patient with it since I run another truggy at the track while this one was being built. The only adjustment I needed was leaning the HSN about 3/4 of a full turn. I have touched nothing else and the engine screams.

So I took it to my local track today and got about 6 tanks through it. Temps never rose above 190deg. I was pretty much owning the pace. Then after passing about 3 cars on the straight, the throttle stuck open and I went up and over a berm into a chain link fence. Of course the turn marshal didn't know and slapped me back onto the track and away she went, completely out of control. I finally chased it down and shut it off and checked my linkage. Everything was perfect. When I pulled the throttle out by hand it felt smooth, then stopped about half way back in. I disconnected the linkage and still had the same problem. So the question is, what would cause the slide to screw up? I know I have to take it apart and see what it's catching on, but what can I do to prevent this? I hate leaving the track because of something I didn't break myself[:@]. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Carb sticking at about 1/2 throttle

Without seeing it, we'd not know what might make the throttle stick, either. You'll have to take it apart and carefully check everything out. Perhaps a burr got onto the slide...caused by dirt ingestion. No way to tell without looking......