Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

onboard glow plug ingniter

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
flybyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default onboard glow plug ingniter

I am having problems with my inverted os 120 sur. III pumped engine after 3/4 of a gallon of omega 10%---20% lube fuel. It did wonderfully on the test stand upright. After I installed it in my Venus II, inverted, it bogs down on idle below 5000 rpm. I have read various threads on rcu, and I noticed you spoke of an onboard glow plug igniter.........As soon as I remove the glow driver from the engine it dies, it idles fine with driver attached. Where can I get an "onboard igniter", and is this problematic of a new os 4-stroke with less than 2 gallons of fuel run through it, unreliable idle.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: onboard glow plug ingniter

An onboard glowplug battery system is usually just a 1.5V battery with a micro switch. The switch is wired so that a servo will turn it on when the throttle goes below 1/3 or so. O.S. doesn't make one, but there are several different makers of these. Here's one we know about:

RAMP1350 50 IGNITER 1800 DRIVER/STR $49.95

Your hobby retailer can easily order one for you. There are others being made but we don't have info on them at hand. A search may find them for you.