Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 60 FSR or 60SR Engine what is the differance in them

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 02:21 PM
dstrong2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 60 FSR or 60SR Engine what is the differance in them

I pick up anOS 60FSR engine about a month ago, the person i bought it from said it's a 60 FSR engine,but on the crankcase it's says 60SR whats isthe differance in these 2 engines.Does anyone know where i can get the maunal forthisengineif i need parts for it because i go to the OSwebsite and they dont even have it listed. I dont know how old this engine is.This engine looks very clean and the guy told me it runs pretty good. I like to make sure that i did not throw money down the drain because i dont know much about OSengine , A freind of mine told me they are pretty good only know the guy for a couple months.I also found the muffler that goes with this engine OS #744 muffler does anyone knows where i can get the gasket for it or can i run this engine with out the muffler gasket or can i make it. i am looking for the screws to hold the muffler in place as well dont know what size it calls for it.

Any help i can get will greatly apprecate thanks.
VERY NEW TO THIS HOBBY !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43943.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1262392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90042.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1262393  
Old 08-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 60 FSR or 60SR Engine what is the differance in them

There is no difference between an O.S. Max .61 FSR and an engine that says "SR" on the side, had a front carburetor and has a .61 displacement.

The "F" in "FSR" means front-mounted carburetor. If it had a rear-mounted carb, you's have an O.S. Max .61 RSR engine. The crankcase, cylinder liner, piston, ring, and rod are identical. The "SR" means it's a Schneurle-ported engine.