Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Problem controll on OS52FS

Old 07-13-2003, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem controll on OS52FS

Hallo,

i have purchased an OS 52 FS and bought a 12/6 propeller with it.Unfortunatelly by mistake i installed a 9/5 (of an older model) propeller and did the run in of the engine and also did one flight. The engine run perfectly and did not glitch at all or stoped.( Fortunatelly i did not overpushed the engine).We installed the 12/6 propeller after we realised the mistake and concluded with the other more experienced people that the engine sounds normally and has not broken down (there is no metallic sound and it works very stable). Of course now i am worried that if there is something wrong,i will realise it when it is too late. Is there any other way to controll the status of the engine?

Thank you for your help.
I hope in the future i will be more carefull.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem controll on OS52FS

I really doubt you did any any serious damage to the engine The most would likly happen is valve float at too nigh an rpm.If it's true you didn't push the engine too hard then it"s probably O.K.
If you don't hear any strange sounds as in bent pushrods etc It is probably fine.