Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

R/C boater drowns in Cincinnati

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

R/C boater drowns in Cincinnati

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default R/C boater drowns in Cincinnati

An un-named 40 year-old drowns while trying to retrieve his stalled boat in a retention pond:
http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/l...navCatId=5#top
Be careful out there people!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:59 PM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C boater drowns in Cincinnati

Holly cow Thats not good!![X(]No boat is wort lossing alife!![&o]The huffy pond over celina were the R/c boaters run at, had 7 people died in the passed 9 years,who know there might be more that I dont know about!![X(] Theres a under curant suckion that pulls you under.[X(]There's a under ground tube thats goes into the grandlake from that pond.I'd found this out last year when a guy drowned last year.[X(]They fould his body at the tube screen that goes into the lake! That pond is a bad omen and I wont run my boat there at all.I get to many bad vibs from that pond!![:'(]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What a tragic and stupid loss of life. I have seen some beautiful boats but never one worth dieing for.

I think instead of telling people to use floatation in their boat that they instead should carry a pool noodle for themselves. One noodle is probably all it would have taken - one $2 noodle. I cant imagine going swimming in any pond for a boat. If there is no raft - I dont run (I am not fond of the snapping turtles we have here). I cant say I have heard of such losses of life in other RC disciplines.

I cant imagine what the family is going through. If I never hear of such a tragidy again it will be too soon. [&o]
Old 06-16-2007, 11:47 AM
saleens7

a lifejacket isnt as expensive either...i feel sorry for his friend and family for their loss, and i hope everyone has learned that an rc boat isnt worth dying for...misshydro, that lake sounds scary...
Old 06-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Flabum

I think a lot of people get into this sport without thinking of how they will retrieve their boat and when it comes time, they have to go swimming. This tragic event could have been advoided with a cheap fishing pole or blow-up raft.

Condolences to his friends and family.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This shows why we stress not going swimming after a dead boat. From what else I've heard, the boat was only 30 feet from shore.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
misshydro

I bet theres a under ground flow at that pond to cause a suction. Saleen7 every year the R/C boaters put on races twise a year and I wont race in that pond eather!![X(] I'm very spooked about that pond too.[]
Old 06-17-2007, 09:34 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stupid mistakes. y didnt he just let idt drift ashore .