Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

It's ebays way , or the highway ( feeBay strikes again )

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:00 PM
HoverCrane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's ebays way , or the highway ( feeBay strikes again )

In Australia ebay has put a gun to the heads of all their sellers in the form of Paypal OR NOTHING .

Thank you very much ebay for the freedom of choice .

The Australian government this week had to step in and order them to stop . However eBay is still trying to push on regardless . Who owns Papal ? Who gets a double fee for handling the sale twice . Maybe they should be called FEE-bay .

Of course they are using the oldest excuse in the book for why they have to do this to their customers . SAFETY . Many other online Auction companies and money handlers in Australia like Paymate and Oztion have been pulled into this argument . They all totally disagree with ebays figures , verses their own for why people need buyers protection . In other words , ebays figures are much higher than everyone elses . Ebay will have you believe if you don't have buyers protection you will burn in hell and your life will never be the same . Naturally there are always a few bad eggs out there who do pray on others ( riping them off ) .

HOWEVER

Should all Buyers and sellers now have to pay up to 3.4 percent EXTRA on every ebay sale across the board ( with no other options ) . Freedom of choice is paramount to the western civilization we live in .

They have also threatened in an email this week , to all there sellers , regardless of the Australian government ruling , if they catch anyone advertising another form of payment , they will cancel that persons listing immediately .

Old 06-18-2008, 09:39 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's ebays way , or the highway ( feeBay strikes again )

Protest ebay
Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: It's ebays way , or the highway ( feeBay strikes again )

ORIGINAL: HoverCrane

Should all Buyers and sellers now have to pay up to 3.4 percent EXTRA on every ebay sale across the board ( with no other options ) . Freedom of choice is paramount to the western civilization we live in .
Correct me if I am wrong - but doesnt freedom of choice remain? no one is forcing anyone to use e-bay. If there is a strong movement away from e-bay it will be to their own detrement. There have always been plenty of other online auction and selling sites where options remain for payment.

Personally - as a buyer I would gladly pay 3% more and as a seller I have regularly paid the added fees - I get my money fast and no run around. It is no surprise after all. You know the fee is there.