Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Threads dissapearing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Threads dissapearing...

I have noticed a few off topic threads just gone... even ones that don't violate the guidelines. Whats the deal? On any other forum, the thread has to turn into a 10 page flame war before its closed (not even removed).

Mods abusing their power?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:10 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Threads dissapearing...

Prolly, ya see how many of em sit here ALLDAY like there is nothing else goin on in life. Specially that one guy that keeps messaging me about language for words that barely rate as cussing.....
Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: proanti1

I have noticed a few off topic threads just gone... even ones that don't violate the guidelines. Whats the deal? On any other forum, the thread has to turn into a 10 page flame war before its closed (not even removed).

Mods abusing their power?
Nope its not mods abusing there power.. Foxy, Dale and Sheo are the three still active (dont know about foxy) mods and I highly doubt that they would erase threads for kicks....

And to cerealkilla024.. We have all had our run ins with the mods and trust me they are going to win.. Cussing is cussing and its against the rules. You agreed to the TOS when you signed up.

INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com. Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive or abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or that contains racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. We ask that you please be considerate to other members in the forums when posting your messages. RCU is a place that is friendly to members of all ages and that parents know is safe for kids. We will not allow linking, mention or reference to any website or organization that contains any of the aforementioned objectionable content. Any posts or links made to websites containing such will be removed and a warning given.

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...#ixzz1BJWLTz5i
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm
Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 AM
DaveG55

Fortunatly RCU isn't like a lot of other fourms and we don't have to put up with a lot of the BS and flaming that goes on in other fourms.
As far as mods abusing any powers they may have, well, I just think that's an unfair assumption!!!
The mods here are unpaid volunteers who do a thankless job with the sole purpose of keeping this a nice, family friendly site. They work hard and IMHO, do a good job. A job that I would not want, even if it paid. They have to make sure that the rules are followed and we, as members, have very little idea of what goes on behind the scenes so making any assumptions about why something was, or was not, done is presumptious and very unfair!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 AM
basketballfan60123

The other day I ran into this guy who I got into it with because he just wanted to be smart aleck and a wise guy when I asked for simple advice; now he's making it look like he's the victim and you know who you are in fact he posted this thread.
He tried to use his status (college student) to try and make me feel inferior towards him.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

The other day I ran into this guy who I got into it with because he just wanted to be smart aleck and a wise guy when I asked for simple advice; now he's making it look like he's the victim and you know who you are in fact he posted this thread.
He tried to use his status (college student) to try and make me feel inferior towards him.
Me? What did I do? And since when am I a college student? What does that have to do with the simple question I posted?

I'm not trying to attack mods personally, I don't really care anyways... I was just wondering why some threads are coming up missing. By forums I meant other RCU forums... like the general one, the electric ones, and so on.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Me? What did I do? And since when am I a college student? What does that have to do with the simple question I posted?

I'm not trying to attack mods personally, I don't really care anyways... I was just wondering why some threads are coming up missing. By forums I meant other RCU forums... like the general one, the electric ones, and so on.

No worries dude he is talking about me. Ever since I got mad BACK at him and his childish name-calling PM's he has been following me around like he has a man-crush and a hard-on for me. Kinda sad tho so I let it go. I would just like to know where I use the fact that i am a college student to superiorize myself over everyone else, OR where I made myself a victim. D*ck was the word in question, they say G-rated or at least safe for TV words yet there is far worse on every channel out there. Of course, I assume it is easier for jigga-ball fan to keep trying to start ish with me than to GROWUP and STFU.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Very childish guys.. In again before the lock.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:32 AM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

To me it's been done with and over so I am not the one who's being childish; I am not the one who keeps fueling the fire.
When someone is being insulted it's only natural to defend yourself;this is how this this whole thing started
Sometimes it's just not about just walking away ignoring regardless if this rc forum does not tolerate it.
I have had no issues with no one here so this is all new to me.
If you want respect you got to show respect and I feel I was being disrespected.
I have no beef with anybody here; just here to learn so I can have fun with my rcs.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 AM
LewAshby
Banned

Most people cannot read so they report what they do not understand.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

To me it's been done with and over so I am not the one who's being childish; I am not the one who keeps fueling the fire.
When someone is being insulted it's only natural to defend yourself;this is how this this whole thing started
Sometimes it's just not about just walking away ignoring regardless if this rc forum does not tolerate it.
I have had no issues with no one here so this is all new to me.
If you want respect you got to show respect and I feel I was being disrespected.
I have no beef with anybody here; just here to learn so I can have fun with my rcs.
And by the way is'nt jigga-ball fan a derrogatory racist term ?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
basketballfan60123

Not you proanti1; just wanted to make that clear.
Can't we all just get along ?
This hobby is suppose to be fun; is it not?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
The Hedgehog

It's probably a bug, the mods have not been active whatsoever in the off topic. See the gas prices for an all out political discussion (which supposedly isn't allowed )
Old 01-17-2011, 04:20 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

It's probably a bug, the mods have not been active whatsoever in the off topic. See the gas prices for an all out political discussion (which supposedly isn't allowed )
could be seeing the forums are acting up quite a bit
Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet I get my comments removed from the bikini thread for being off topic...[&:] which is in the off topic forum by the way.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Nik.

mike, you are very right. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

I used to post more, years ago when rcu merged with another rc site I cant remember the name of it though. here recently, past few years, I hardly post. People start threads to ask questions, start conversations, or share in there experience. Here lately is is not fun, posters hijack threads and start wars.
If I am excited about a used product I bought cheap. What I thought was a good deal, I want to share that experience. Maybe get some pointers on tires setup etc. Not to hear how I got screwed, the product I bought is a piece of junk.
I would be a terrible Mod. As soon as someone is bashing another poster or going askew to the topic I would pull the trigger.
I agree why cant we all get along. One guys Traxxas slash is just as important to another s HPI blitz as to another s AE b44.1

PS who did RCU merge with about 10 or so years ago?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 AM
basketballfan60123

There are too many people that take this hobby way too seriously; I mean they are so dedicated that they think this of this hobby as being universal.
Like someone has mentioned before hundreds of people get scared out of the hobby everyday because of these hobbyists who choose to flame and ridicule newbies for asking a simple question that the more experienced think of as being stupid and I see this type of behavior just about every couple of weeks on different rc forums even after someone starts a topic about people disrespecting each other.
It is never ending; it's always about the same thing whether i'ts about what is the better brand of rc, who has the most knowledge of the hobby or just someone who just joking around decides to be annoying.
I guess it's just human nature for someone who acts this way but in all honesty I am someone who does not disrespect someone unless I get disrespected.
It's also human nature for someone to defend themselves from these type of people but yet in just about all rc forum rules they tell to just ignore it or to just block them.
Sometimes that's easier said then done and if you retaliate against these type of people someone always jumps in whether it's a member or mod saying you are just as guilty as the person who instigated; I don't understand that.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
redfisher1974

Nothing is perfect, Still alot of good guys on this forum.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

True.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
The_Shark

someone call?

mods have been pretty void, which is good and bad, sometimes what is censored is just stupid, ive had threads pulled because it was repeated once already (ha! like " what should i get" or" car wont start!" or slash,slash,slash hasnt?) but its good when things get out of hand.

again, online, all we are, are words, nothing more, no reason to get pissy.
my search bar does not work, i blame it on site bugs.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I would become a mod but I dont think they would let me Jk

Its a hard job..

btw since im on this forum 24/7 I see Sheo and RC Ken on a daily basis at the top of the off topic. They are just a report button away.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 PM
tommygun32

+1

I remember being a noob....the frustration, confusion, simply feeling out of my depth....I try to help when I can, if I don't have an answer for a post...I keep my mouth shut or state that I just don't know but I'm sure someone will post with helpful insights...[&:]
I honestly feel that RCU is the best place for this.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 AM
LewAshby
Banned

I think it would be interesting to see the quality of Topics were broken down by brand, sub-topics broken down to nitro or electric and finally a sub-sub-topic into type (on-road, off-road, car, truck, buggy, etc.).