Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

I spent $400

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I spent $400

Just so I could play Gran Turismo 5...

Anyone else kick themselves in the ass after they make snap financial decisions?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I spent $400

I spent $100 on a hookah from the mall[:@] Found a WAY better one online for $40 [:@][:@][:@]
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
saucySavy

Lol gran turismo makes it all worth it though. I have an xbox with forza 3...its the only game i even own. It satisfies my car 'dreams' until i can afford a 599 gto one day
Old 02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

snap decisions? buying the miata and then the corvette (though i looked the sucker over for 2 hours)
the miata i litterally found the ad, called the guy up, took it on a test drive and bought in 20minuts total. (at night, didnt even see how bad the paint was)

buying my hedgehog (no longer with us) came to the reptile swap for a monitor, and ended up with him.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 AM
tommygun32

How much for a hookah pipe?!?!?! [X(]

Is it made out of solid gold and jewel encrusted or what?? I could probably get you 10 of those shipped from here for that much bro.

ORIGINAL: iexion

I spent $100 on a hookah from the mall[:@] Found a WAY better one online for $40 [:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-01-2011, 05:51 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Is it made out of solid gold and jewel encrusted or what?? I could probably get you 10 of those shipped from here for that much bro.

i got one as a gift, saw the price tag it was like $110! have not the foggiest idea why my pop's got me a huge three person one, i dont like to be around friends let alone do i want to sit by them and have a smoke. sad because i only smoke once every week or so. its been 3 weeks now because im out of coal and im too lazy to get some.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent about $200 on one of these....got suckered by the bling...LOL. It's certainly limited to on-road use, and is high on maintenance if you want the parts to last, the engine is touchy to tune, plus the radio equipment is a big time POS. I still like it, but as a novelty (1/16 scale too). My money could have been spent much better on something else.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
splcrazy

I make snap desisions all the time , it makes my mind go nuts and my wallet broke , then regret sets in and depression if it doesn't work out . I once bought a xbox 360 just because I wanted to play one game on it
Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: saucySavy

Lol gran turismo makes it all worth it though. I have an xbox with forza 3... its the only game i even own. It satisfies my car 'dreams' until i can afford a 599 gto one day[img][/img]
Update: Gran Turismo 5 sucks ass. Looks like they were about 3/4 done, then rushed it out the door. One of the things I loved about Grand Turismo 4 was that it was a great simulator, you could really tune your cars, had a ton of parts to choose from, etc. Not in this game, you have very few tuning options. It has a ton less races too, looks to be a short game. Also, it is supposed to have damage... only about 20 of the high end cars actually show damage, the rest show nothing. Really a letdown. Unrealistic engine sound (think computer generated n64 engine sounds), always the same collision sound (a strange thud), and the rims... god damn the rims. Cars are separated into two categories, premium and standard. Most of the cars you want to put rims on are considered "standard", which the game will not allow you to put rims on. On top of that.. you get like 10 generic ones to choose from. There are million other little things that really show how poorly the game was put together, but I'm too depressed to think about those. Sony really dropped the ball on this, a ton of hype for a shotty game.

Now that my venting is through...

Forza 3 on the other hand, easily my favorite game, I was 78% into that **** before my xbox broke. Wish I could get it on ps3.

Edit; it does have some cool things... you get to see the stig, race a few laps around the top gear test track (in old vw busses), and listen to Jeff Gordon drone on about mundane crap.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: saucySavy

Lol gran turismo makes it all worth it though. I have an xbox with forza 3... its the only game i even own. It satisfies my car 'dreams' until i can afford a 599 gto one day[img][/img]
Update: Gran Turismo 5 sucks ass. Looks like they were about 3/4 done, then rushed it out the door. One of the things I loved about Grand Turismo 4 was that it was a great simulator, you could really tune your cars, had a ton of parts to choose from, etc. Not in this game, you have very few tuning options. It has a ton less races too, looks to be a short game. Also, it is supposed to have damage... only about 20 of the high end cars actually show damage, the rest show nothing. Really a letdown. Unrealistic engine sound (think computer generated n64 engine sounds), always the same collision sound (a strange thud), and the rims... god damn the rims. Cars are separated into two categories, premium and standard. Most of the cars you want to put rims on are considered ''standard'', which the game will not allow you to put rims on. On top of that.. you get like 10 generic ones to choose from. There are million other little things that really show how poorly the game was put together, but I'm too depressed to think about those. Sony really dropped the ball on this, a ton of hype for a shotty game.

Now that my venting is through...

Forza 3 on the other hand, easily my favorite game, I was 78% into that **** before my xbox broke. Wish I could get it on ps3.

Edit; it does have some cool things... you get to see the stig, race a few laps around the top gear test track (in old vw busses), and listen to Jeff Gordon drone on about mundane crap.
now dont go off the deep end when i say this.... you did get the full version right? they have two versions, one was released a couple years ago as a teaser and the recent full one.

again, not making you out to be a ass, but its just suprizing to me they would spend so much time on the game and then end up with a half-assed game.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
proanti1

Yes, I have the full version... Not prologue. Bought an entire ps3 just to play it. Surprised me too... Sony was pushing this game for a good 6 months before it came out. Oh well, hopefully portal 2 wont disappoint, whenever the hell valve decides to release it. Gran Turismo 5 also has an option for 3D... really wish I had a 3DTV right about now.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
The_Shark

Yes, I have the full version... Not prologue. Bought an entire ps3 just to play it. Surprised me too... Sony was pushing this game for a good 6 months before it came out. Oh well, hopefully portal 2 wont disappoint, whenever the hell valve decides to release it. Gran Turismo 5 also has an option for 3D... really wish I had a 3DTV right about now.
thats a bummer.

oh, and even though your TV isnt "3D ready" if its HD, atleast 720p, and perferibly over 120HZ you should (and i say should) be able to get a kit to run 3D.... its a scam, all that really makes a 3d tv 3d, is a built in transmitter for glasses, and a in system setting, however, most kits have a up-converter, and a 3D ready DVD player, also, once in 3D, all programs can be set for limited 3d effect....

my plasma isnt 3D ready, but its 720p and 600HZ, no reason it wouldnt work, but im not made of money, im already broke from buying a "zenith" brand copy of a already inexpensive LG.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 AM
The Hedgehog

He's right, the game is terrible. I sold my copy off quick. Thought it was cool at first then it became quickly the worst game I've owned for the PS3.

As for impulsive decisions, yeah those are the only kind of decisions I make. Latest one was buying an Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 AM
saucySavy

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

He's right, the game is terrible. I sold my copy off quick. Thought it was cool at first then it became quickly the worst game I've owned for the PS3.

As for impulsive decisions, yeah those are the only kind of decisions I make. Latest one was buying an Infiniti G35 coupe
I wish i could make snap decisions like that
Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 AM
The Hedgehog

I wish Chuck Finely was here. I'm sure he has a good life experience story about $400 and strippers that involve snap decisions
Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 AM
DarkFire989

Bahahahahahaha. Nice Auto....
Old 03-02-2011, 03:42 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Him too? lol

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

I wish Chuck Finely was here. I'm sure he has a good life experience story about $400 and strippers that involve snap decisions
Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
iexion

My Girlfriend likes to remind me that I spent $100 bucks on that[:@][:@][:@]

Its a single small hookah no taller then a two cans of soda. And on top of thats its really cheap quality... I've been wanted to know what those are like and for the record its been used every night since I bought it. I would like to get something more authentic tho[:-]
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 PM
The_Shark

Its a single small hookah no taller then a two cans of soda. And on top of thats its really cheap quality... I've been wanted to know what those are like and for the record its been used every night since I bought it. I would like to get something more authentic tho[:-]
yeah, i hate mine, its too huge, reminds me, i have to get some tobacco and coal, havent had a smoke for 3 weeks.
what i hate the most about mine is the tubes are fake leather! LAME, i would much rather have black cloth.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

yeah, i hate mine, its too huge, reminds me, i have to get some tobacco and coal, havent had a smoke for 3 weeks.
what i hate the most about mine is the tubes are fake leather! LAME, i would much rather have black cloth.
Yes fake leather is what mine is made out of!! I couldn't put my finger on what the hell its suppose to be.
I was just browsing [link=http://www.dirtcheaphookahs.com/](about:blank)[/link] and they seem pretty reasonable priced but the shipping cost for $5 worth of stuff is still $10 bucks [&:]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
proanti1

I don't understand how people can spend that much on a hookah, I bought one for $30 at a smoke shop, worked perfectly fine. Now the other smoking apparatus that bubbles, I used to spend way too much on those back in high school... $350 for a god damn roor.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
splcrazy

I don't understand how people can spend that much on a hookah, I bought one for $30 at a smoke shop, worked perfectly fine. Now the other smoking apparatus that bubbles, I used to spend way too much on those back in high school... $350 for a god damn roor.
do those hookah smoking things with the flavoured tobacco , does the smoke actually taste like the flavor ?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Hooka is the biggest waste of time...
Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Hooka is the biggest waste of time...
So is Sleeping & Eating
Old 03-05-2011, 05:13 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

do those hookah smoking things with the flavoured tobacco , does the smoke actually taste like the flavor ?
Yes it does, you taste the flavor before anything else... its pretty much all you taste. Double Apple is awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.